Chapter 25: The Ball part 3

Mason's P.O.V

I don't know where I am right now, or what I'm doing… It feels wet wherever I am.

“Mason. Yo wake up already,” I hear Evee.

“Evee?”

“The mistress said for you not to go home. You really managed to piss her off tonight.”

“Why can't I go home?”

“You were grinding on girls… in front of everybody… and you have lip prints on both sides of your cheeks.”

“Have you kissed anyone yet?”

“...”

“Oh right… I have to go apologize to Valerie. Stay here.”

“That isn't a good idea…”

“You don't know what's good for bad…”

I ran all the way from Vampire Den to Demon Sanctuary to apologize to Valerie. I made it in no time.

“Valerie! Valerie~!” I looked around. I felt her energy in the room. I ran in a broke the door down.

“You better be fixing the door,” she actually said calmly.

“Valerie! I am so sorry! One of the demons had to have put something in my drink and another cast a love spell or something!”

“I know that.”

She knows. Good she knows… she knows?

“Huh? But how do you know?”

“Because you're vulnerable around here. All of the female demons take advantage of you because you're so nice. Now that you finally had a party they were waiting to seduce you,” why is she so calm….

“Oh well then I can stay?”

“No. You have pissed me off one too many times for the past two weeks. I can take a lot but today I've had it.”

“But--”

“Shut up. You are staying at Vampire Den tonight. I don't want you around because I have things to do and you're going to make it worse.”

“Valerie, why are you so calm…”

“Because I'm going to kill a few people. I don't want to kill you so…”

“... the girls?”

“It's Mating season and Demon Sanctuary is usually known for everyone being tamed around here but if a couple of girls can't keep their claws off then they'll die.”

“Valerie please yell at me…. It's better when you yell.”

“No. I'm tired of yelling for one day. I had you to deal with and I just got rid of the kid. I have a headache and I don't feel like talking anymore.”

She opened a portal. I looked through and saw the different colors. “Valerie, I want to stay.”

“No.”

“Please. It'll be better with you than without you.”

“Hm? I can't hear you.”

She's pulling that stunt… “Fine I'll go but when I come back, you're in for it.”

“I doubt that.”

I went through the portal and took one last look at her. She was reading a book. I made it to the other side and saw Evee.

“Soft talking? Killing a few people? You pleading to stay? She says no and you tell her she's in for it? Does that about sum it up?”

“You're too smart.”