Chapter 51: Only Trying to Help

Alternate universe Law

I was so sleepy. The first week had begun. I was in Mia's room for a bit. She invited in so we could talk but, she left. Guess she had things to do.

I walked around her room. There are photos of her from when she was little. She was a cute kid. I wonder if I could love her like I did my...ex.

I sigh and start meditating, it helps my dark power grow. Sometimes I can hear my daughter's voice. It helps me sleep. She just says Dad I love you. Or just love you! How Could I let her die? She was 20, an illness killed her. She was in love with a boy who I didn't know. I'm sure if she had lived I would have gotten to know him, gotten to be a grandfather too.

Maybe I can get Mia pregnant. A second chance would be...nice. I took of my shirt. I felt sore. I look at the door. I'm sure she won't walk in right now. I lay down on her bed.

“Ba da da dum! SUPER-- AH Law! Oh hello. Are you comfortable,” she asks.

“A bit cold, you have thin blankets. What are you wearing? Is that a towel? Why are you wearing it like a cape?” She looked ridiculous.

“Oh you know, just making fun. I am Super Mia after all. I have a blanket in here somewhere. It's rather fluffy. Sorry but you know the deal, Vampires reside here,” she said diving under her bed.

I move out of the way. She's such a child. “You need to get a life. Also where did you say the blanket was?”

“Right--” She banged her head under the bed… “DAMMIT!! Uh… right here Law. Here you go,” she handed me the blanket.

I get it from her, “You okay?”

She got up quickly and almost tripped on the towel but caught her balance. “Yes! No need to fear!” She had the most serious look on her face.

I spread the blanket out. This feels great! Much warmer. “Just sit down for god's sake, you will hurt yourself.” I say.

“Oh I always hurt myself, it's not a big deal. I recover quickly,” she said fanning something away.

“Right. Your a idiot.” I say, laying down on her pillows I close my eyes.

“WHOO-HOO!!” I think she ran in the bathroom. “Well would you look at that bubble GALORE!”

I am going to tie her to the goddamn bed! “Shut up.”

“Oh sorry… bubble galore,” she said quietly. I start to ignore her. For a while it's nice and quiet, I even managed to fall asleep for a bit. Then someone's loud voice woke me.

“MASON! Play swords with me!”

“As a matter of fact, I have one right here! Take this Super Mia!”

“You'll have to be quicker than that Iceman!”

“I want to die,” I said morbidly. I get up and head to the window. She's not helping, I'm sure she won't, she's a kid.

“OOF!” She got thrown into the room and hit the wall. “Okay, okay, I've had enough. You're too strong Mason. Oh Law, did I wake you? I'm sorry, go back to sleep.”

I rolled my eyes and open the window. Second chance? Yeah right! Terrorizing the local village sounds fun.

She used her power to make me come back in the room. “You've got my full attention sir. Go back to bed. I'll be quiet.”

“Don't control me! I do what I want, you can't help me! So go back to playing pretend.” I wave her off.

“No. I personally think you're being a little difficult. Why don't you just join everyone else instead of being by yourself. It might be a different kind of fun for you.” She looked angry and her hand was still extended out to me.