Chapter 18: Broken Part 2

So-Mings P.O.V

I stayed in my room. I was too scared to go and see mommy or daddy right now. My eyes hurt from crying. I was scared.

“I wish I could drink right about now.” I say to myself. This was my fault...if only I stayed quiet. If only I just sulked in the closet I wouldn't be in this mess now.

Time to be brave! I open the door to my room, nothing to the left or right. I don't know I'd even momma wants to talk to me…

“What are you sneaking around for,” I heard her say.

I freeze, “Um, just trying to not wake dad, or make any unnecessary noise.”

“I see.”

I nod and head to the kitchen. I was hungry. I was also a bit afraid of mom at the moment. I look around Dad made food but I guess he only made it for mom. I go and get cereal.

Where was Dad?

“Hungry? Your father says that you were able to go weeks without food but apparently I spoiled you,” mom says.

I just nodded. I didn't want her to stress or yell anymore. With that I went to eat outside. The snow was so pretty. The cold felt good. I wished I had played with mom at least once in the snow or taken a bath with her. I bet it would have been fun.

I finished my cereal and look out the clouds. “Don't they just make you wonder how different the world can be,” mom came outside scaring me.

I fall on the snow below! Ah! Cold cold! So cold! “Y-Yeah d-d-diff-ferent,” I shiver.

“It isn't the same as the human world.”

“P-Probably n-not,” my teeth chatter. The wind picked up! I felt frozen! “So w-where's d-d-daddy?”

“I don't know. You'll catch cold out here.”

I walk back inside. I look at mom, she's pretty and tall, she's 300 plus years old. I'm just short and 11 years old. My life was sad...well now it just awkward.

“Christmas is soon. Do you want anything?”

After acting up and saying I was leaving I shouldn't get a present. “No, don't g-get me anything.”

She stared at me for a few minutes and then collapsed on the floor.

“MOMMY?! MOM?” I ran to her! I picked her up, “MOM! Wake up! I'm scared, mommy!” What was wrong with her? I needed Dad! “Wake up let me what to do!”

She didn't move or even open her eyes.

I panicked, “MOMMY PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING!” I can't teleport! I can't do anything! West! West can help! I called him, “Pick up!”

“Hello?”

“HELP ME! It's my mom please help!”

Within seconds he arrived. He picked mom up, “Hold on time kid.” He says looking down at me.

I held his leg as he flew into the sky. “Wait here your mom will be fine!”

_~*

  I was allowed into the medical room finally. Mom was sleeping on the bed. I still have no clue what was wrong. Was it stress? But I didn't do anything!

West walked in, “Hey kid do you want to wait outside?”

I shook my head and climbed on the bed with mom. I snuggled up right next to her. I missed her. I'm so dumb, mommy has been gone for just a few hours and I already missed her.