Chapter 29: Heart Beats With You

Mia's P.O.V

I was somewhere where I wasn't welcomed. It's been a few days since I've been here. Did everything like normal, as though nothing changed, made food for So-Ming, but she didn't want any of it. She stayed in her room, which, I don't really blame her. I would feel and do the same.

In the process of this entire thing, there's something else that's been added. Trafalgar Law just so happened to pass out, or rather, he was passed out the entire time. He hasn't opened his eyes yet and I've been healing him on the daily. He lost a lot of energy.

The only good thing about this is really that we're all together but the bad thing is we're really not all together. I told So-Ming that I would heal her dad up to the max, and when he wakes up, I'll leave.

I didn't want to just leave him and So-Ming by themselves, he's not even awake and she can't do anything about it but probably call West… I'm here to do my good deed and then leave, just like they want.

I made Evee come with me too. She hardly ever spoke…. Which at times made it seem like she wasn't even there.

I finished cooking about an hour ago. Waited for So-Ming to come out, she never did. Evee would take it to her room, she didn't take it, and things were quiet. I was washing dishes right now.

“I bet you wish that all of this was a nightmare don't you,” Evee asked.

“Would you stop saying that? My answer is the same every time.”

“You're really serious about your promise to So-Ming,” she asked.

“I didn't promise her anything. I told her I was leaving. I don't have to promise to leave.”

Evee got up off of the couch and walked over to me to dry the dishes. “It's insane how much dishes you manage to mess up considering no one is really eating this yak you call food.”

I didn't feel like arguing with her right now. I handed her the soapy dishes, she washed them off and dried them and put them back in the cabinets.

“Please tell me you didn't say anything stupid that day,” she says.

“Isn't everything I say stupid?”

“Yeah it is. Glad you knew that.”

I finished washing them and let the soapy water out of the sink and dried my hands off. I went into his room and began healing him again.

He looks like he's in a lot of pain or like he's having a bad dream. It made me feel bad inside but it's not like he or she would care.

“So, what are you gonna tell him when he wakes up,” Evee asked entering in the room with her arms crossed.

“What do you think? I can't really give a real explanation other than you passed out and accidentally teleported me here with you, but you were unconscious so I decided to heal you up and then I'm leaving like you want. Oh wait, like your daughter wants.”

I shook my head at Evee. Honestly, does she really think I can't handle myself?

“Evee how's my brother?” So-Ming walks over to Evee looking at her stomach.

“He's perfectly fine. He's actually sleeping now. He hasn't kicked in a few minutes,” Evee answered.

“That's nice I guess.” So-Ming shrugs. She looks back at her dad. “West says that he's in a coma.”

“Yes,” was all I said, just agreeing.

“I’ll be in my room.” So-Ming walks out.

“Well Mia,” Evee said like she was getting ready to tell me something.