Chapter 35: Evee and Levi: Our First Jealousy

First time Levi gets jealous

A few months passed and I was right back to working at the bar. I had a late shift today. Levi was supposed to be coming in to sit and wait for my shift to finish.

It's hard balancing the round tray of shot glasses filled with alcohol on my hand. The tray sometimes feels heavy and if I bump into someone it'll fall.

I was handing the shots to this table full of guys. They were all quite happy with their drinks and I walked off to start writing up the next order.

Levi came in and sat down in the same spot as when we first met. The other waitress handled him. I was to not get distracted.

An hour went by and one of the guys from the table from earlier sat at the bar. He was a few seats away from Levi.

"Would you mind getting me a dirty martini," he asked the other waitress. "But I want her to give it to me," he said pointing at me.

Me and my waitress friend exchanged glances and then I got started. It took me a little while to finish but I got it done. I handed him his drink.

"Thanks," he said.

"Oh, you're welcome," I say. No one ever really tells me thank you, not like I care.

"I bet you don't get told that often do you," he asked.

"Oh, no, I don't," I said.

I moved around to help the other people with their beverages. I came back and he finished his martini.

"Would you mind if I had a bloody mary," he asked.

I started making it. When I finished I placed it down in front of him again.

"May I just say that you're very beautiful," he
complimented.

"Thank you," I said. "You aren't bad looking yourself."

He was very well presented. Definitely not my type but he looked decent. I looked around, no one was really ordering much, they were too busy conversing.

"You know, your hair looks beautiful too. I like that it's short," he said.

"Oh," I giggled. "Thanks."

"Oi brat I want another drink." Levi called me.

I walked over to him, "Yes Mr. Levi, what can I get you," I asked quietly.

He held my arm, "how about you stop flirting with that MAN! You're mine!"

"I'm not flirting with him. He's just talking to me. It's not a big deal," I said.

He glared at the guy. "I will kill him."

"Oh please." I took my arm away. "He's just an innocent bystander. Relax."

I went back to waitressing. Levi was still watching and it was kind of making me feel a little uncomfortable.

"You're gonna let that guy call you a brat," the man asked, his glass empty.

"Oh, it's nothing, he always calls me that."

"But you're far from being a brat. You're like a full fledged woman."

I grinned. "Oh thanks. A lot of people don't really understand that. Would you like something else to drink?"

"Could you get me some Disarono and a coke?"