Chapter 15: It's time

Law's P.O.V

Mia and I got all ready to go back. After that night Mia had a hard time walking. So, I carried her around.

We went through the portal. “How do your legs feel now? You think you can stand?”

“They'll shake too much,” she said looking as though she was on the drunk side.

“I love you,” I say and look at all the marks I left her. Even though she wore a turtleneck shirt I could see my marks.

“Let's go see So-Ming.” I say and head towards her room.

“SO-MING!!!! MY DARLING CHILD!! Oh wait, I don't know if she's awake yet..”

I open the door and I see West was looking down at his legs. “What are you doing on my bed? So-Ming get off.” He frowns.

What? Is he doing! So-Ming wakes up and looks around. “Mommy, DADDY!” She beams and rushes towards us both.

“Good morning,” I say to her.

“Did you two have a good sleep?”

“Okay,” West yawns. I have my eye on him.

“Great! West read me stories!”

“Isn't that just nice of him? Thank you for entertaining her West.”

“No biggie. So, when will star attack?”

“I'm not sure. He would only attack if I was alone. He won't do it with you guys around,” Mia says.

“Well we aren't leaving you,” I say.

“There's no other way to lure him out. You’ll have to let me go just a little bit,” she says. “No, he could take you away. I can't lose you.” I cup her face.

“Law, Mia we should strategize,” West says. Grrr. He was interrupting us.

“Let me go to him. You guys just stay a safe distance away from us before he has the chance to make a sudden movement and call one of his clones over. West, you need to start making that spell right now. It's going to take a while to make.”

“The spell to kill right?” West gets up. So-Ming looks lost.

“So-Ming, to protect you, you're going to stay with West. When he releases the spell it shouldn't affect you the way it'll affect us.”

So-Ming nods and stands closer to West. I'm going to kill that boy. “Wait which spell? The exorcism one? The killing light? Which one?” West panics.

This boy doesn't pay attention.

“The holy power spell. The one that targets all and kills one. It's the only one that'll work.”

West nods and gets on it. So-Ming follows him out. “Mia wait! The boy needs time, we need him at his best. You need to drink blood and eat.”

She picks up a cup full of blood and starts sipping it. “No matter what happens. If he hits me, if anything else happens l, you have to stay away.”

“No I can't!” Just thinking of Star laying a finger on her makes my blood boil. I walk to the kitchen and look back at her. “Mia you can't even walk correctly. Just wait please.”

“I'll wait until West is done. I'm being serious Law. I know it'll kill you, but you have to.”

“Mia, I can't!” It was the truth. A long time ago So-Ming was a spy for me and she came home with limping and with a black eye, the operation didn't go as planned. I killed everyone.