17

The song in the chapter is Never Giving Up// Of Mice & Men accoustic :) enjoy

Petal

"As the last night on the tour in America, lets get this to be the best night, yeah?" I ask the crowd, recieving cheers as I start songs and grin, bouncing around in a good mood, throwing my half bun around and being silly.

After a few songs, I start my favorite. "Alright guys! This goes out to anyone whos having a hard time, alright? I love you. And I promise that it gets better. It could take years, and you'll feel like you can't do it, but you can. Alright? Find a healthy outlet, do anything you can. You're not alone!"

"Even though I can see it in your face,
I can't really explain.
Just how broken and empty and disgraced
You seem to be." I sang my heart out. I always do when it comes to this song. You never know who might need it.

"You cut me out and dragged me down,
Pulled me all the way to the bottom.
I've done for you 'til black and blue,
What no one else would do for the fallen.

"One day when nothing ever feels the same.
Just like every other time before.
(You hit the wall and lost it all!)
And I'll find a way to wake you from this bed you've made,
Even though I know you want me to,
I'm never giving up on you! (on you, on you)
I'm never giving up, never giving up on you! (on you, on you)
I'm never giving up, never giving up on you!" With Silas singing the back up parts, it brought tears to my eyes, hearing my fans singing along with me.

"You'll never know just how hard it is for me to see you this way.

"It tears me up and drags me down,
Trying to pull you up from the bottom.
I break for you, like I always do,
I'll see you through
When you're on your knees and crawling (crawling!)

"One day when nothing ever feels the same.
Just like every other time before.
(You hit the wall and lost it all!)
And I'll find a way to wake you from this bed you've made,
Even though I know you want me to,
I'm never giving up on you! (on you, on you)
I'm never giving up, never giving up on you! (on you, on you)

"So don't give up on me!
Yeah! Don't you give up on me! (Give up on me)

"One day when nothing ever feels the same.
Just like every other time before.
(You hit the wall and lost it all!)
And I'll find a way to wake you from this bed you've made,
Even though I know you want me to,
I'm never giving up on you! (on you, on you)
Never giving up, never giving up on you! (on you, on you)

"So don't give up on me!"

When I'm on the stage with my band, I'm more all over the place than Jack. I'm everywhere, but through most of that song, I was still. I put all of my emotion into it.

We finish, and say our goodbyes to the crowd, and I dread having to say goodbye to Alex, even though it's just for two weeks. "This American tour has been so amazing, thanks so much for having us out here. We love you!"

Alex still has a show to play, but I still don't want to say goodbye, and our driver to drive a little while for me to get to an airport, and the same for my baby.

Alex was warming up on his guitar, and he set it down when I came out, "How wide is your vocal range, holy shit." He chuckles, lifting me up.

"Pretty wide." I respond.

●●●●●●

"Everyone else is flying somewhere and you're driving four hours home in a lonely tour bus." I frown. "Won't you be lonely?" I hug Alex tightly as we're sitting in the parking lot of the venue about to part ways.

"I'll be alright baby, you've got to text me when you get home safely, okay?" He mutters into my hair. "It's just two weeks, we can do this, Princess."

"I know, but I'll miss you." I pout.

"Please try and make up with Jack, for me, okay?" My heart clenched at the reason we were fighting.

"I'll do it for myself, mainly. Not for you." I cling to him, not wanting to let go of him, with my head on his shoulder.

He moves his head in a way to kiss my lips without me moving my head too much, but I end up moving it anyway. He leans me against the bus and has his hands on my waist, rubbing his thumbs in circles.

We move our lips in sync, and I try not to wonder if he's about to tell me he loves me before I leave.

"Petal, c'mon, we're gonna miss our flight if we don't go now." Someone calls. I frown, and pull away.

"Snapchat me on your flight, okay?" He smiles.

"Alright Alexander." I smile, and kiss him again.

"I'll miss you, and Pet? I l-"

"Petal!" Gavin calls. I huff out a breath of frustration and run to my bus quickly, waving goodbye.

I could see him frown, but he just shook it off.

I get onto the bus, and sigh, everything was clean other than the other bands bags.

When we get to the airport, I hug Rian and Zack goodbye, tiredly, and head off to wherever I'm needed next.

When we're finally settled, sitting in the seats, waiting for our flight, I sit over by Jack.

"Jack, please talk to me?" I beg. I've tried to talk to him before, but he wasn't having it.

"What do you want?" He snaps loudly. "Are you finally going to tell me the truth?" I cower down, trying not to cry. Jack has never truly yelled at me before.

"Jack- I'm sorry." I look down at my hands, stuttering. "I didn't mean to." I look back up at him, his eyes still hard with built up anger.

"You need to tell Alex, or tell me." He lowers his voice, seeing that we attracted stares of other people.

So I took him over by the bathrooms, and I told him what really happened, and he fumed. "You need to fire him."

"I can't, Jack." I mutter, "He's family to those boys."

"He could have raped you, or worse. I promise that they won't care. They wouldn't care about him anymore." Jack looks down at me sympatheticly. "You've kept this to yourself for nearly two weeks?"

"Just one." I respond.

"It feels like longer."

"I know."

"Petal, you need to tell Alex, and you need to tell your band."

"He was drunk, but if he does it again, I promise I will, okay?"

"Okay." He responds, and hugs me. "I'm sorry I yelled at you."

"I'm sorry I lied."

"Don't lie to me anymore. Don't lie to anyone."

"I promise. Can you promise me something too?"

"What's that?"

"To hang out with me. We both live in LA. I'll miss you. I missed you too much this week."

"I promise." He chuckles, and hugs me.