46

Song in the chapter is Feels Like Summer, by Weezer.
Petal

"I don't want you to go." Alex whines as I'm packing my clothes for a weekend festival in Texas a week after his birthday.

"Alex, I'll be gone for four days. I think you can handle that. Besides, you'll be in Baltimore for a week, and Gavin and I have to ask someone to help us feature on Feels Like Summer." I continue looking through our closet with his arms around me.

Most of the things in our house, are packed, except for the kitchen and our room. My DVDs, CDs (Alex had been fascinated that I had all of All Time Lows albums and their Straight to DVDs), photos, books, and whatever else. It was all in boxes now. Alex is soon to be going back to Baltimore to pack his own things and bring his car down too. He's paying movers to help out, that I can understand, moving across the country. I just need to pack my bathroom and stuff, which I'll do when I get back home.

"But you don't have to go yet." He kisses the back of my neck in between his words.

"You're right, I leave in four hours. Help me pack. I don't know what to wear during this time. What is Texas like around this time?"

"Honey, Texas is always hot, so you can bring a few outfits and see how it is when you get there." He grabs a short sleeved black shirt that had cactus on it, black low waist jeans, high waist black jeans, black shorts-

"Alex, honey, I think I need color." I giggle, "How about the grey jeans?"

He smirks down at me, "Okay." We continue to pick out my outfits, and Alex chuckles.

I turn to him and sigh, as we're back in the kitchen. "It's only a three hour flight to Dallas, but I just want to lay down with you." We were cooking before I had to leave at 5, for my flight at 7. I had gotten lazy lately, and it definitely wasn't good.

"You can move your flight to four in the morning?" He persuades.

"You're being a pest, how am I going to put up with a few of you?" I grin.

"Because you like me so much."

"You're right, old man." I kiss his cheek.

"Speaking of babies and being old, I'm considering freezing embryos. I'm getting old, and I want you to have my baby, and I don't want it to be too late when we decide to have the child."

"Is that what you want? And you know I didn't mean to call you old."

"Yes. I want a baby with you, and I know, but I amgetting old."

"Okay, then set an appointment and go do it." I smile.

"You'll have to send me dirty pictures and sext me." He jokes making me blush, and push him away.

"No sir." I laugh.

Getting into Texas later that night felt great, Texas is so beautiful. I'm so excited to preform in Dallas, Houston, and Austin all in this weekend. "I don't know if I really want someone else to feature on the song." I tell Gavin.

"You only say that because you don't want to ask Awsten, when you don't know him."

"Well, we're meeting in Houston, but isn't it scary?" I shiver at the thought.

"You forget that we're famous too sometimes." He laughs.

"Yeah, I guess." I sigh.

When we met Awsten the next day with his manager as we sat down in a fancy restaurant in Dallas before our sets, we talked them up. Although, they definitely knew why we were talking to them and meeting them.

Lucas had been sitting with us, "So Awsten, you can harmonize, right?" He asks.

"I can." He smiles, his eyebrows lifting. It was a little suprising that he sounded as excited with everything he says like he does on the Internet.

"Awsten, as I had said we have been working on our new album, and usually, my brother and I do the harmonies, but we wanted to add someone else to this album in a song called 'Feels Like Summer.' And I'd like to ask if you would be the Knight to feature?" I blush,Knight to feature? Really?

"Is it okay if I hear the song first?" He asks, chuckling.

Lucas answers, "Yes, but in the bus. We don't want to risk anyone else hearing it. But you have to sign a contract saying that you're not going to steal the song or leak it."

Awsten nods, and after Gavin and I pay for everyone's dinner, we head back to our bus where Awsten signs the contract.

Gavin gets his guitar, so does Silas, and we sit down in my busses living room.

Silas starts, and I sing;

"Climbing up the tower
Just a boy and his computer.
I'm still in my bathrobe
Hiding in the shadows
I'm not used to losing
Bye, bye, sugar blue eyes
You're home with the angels
Thank you for being so kind.

"I'm holding on and I don't want to let you go
Yeah it feels like summer
Yeah it feels like summer to me
And she was a lover to me, to me, to me, to me.

"Which way is the graveyard?
I'm an iceberg with a warm heart
I'm spiritual, not religious
I'm a Libra, if it matters
Shattered by an email
Your words will fade away
Castle built in the sand
Will only last one day.

"I'm holding on and I don't want to let you go
Yeah it feels like summer
Yeah it feels like summer to me
When she was a lover to me."

Awsten nodded along and smiled. Leaving me smiling too as we came to the bridge.

"June bride, shine so bright
Flowers in her hair, but it just ain't right
June bride, shine so bright
Flowers in her hair, we look good together
We look good together.

"Yeah it feels like summer
Yeah it feels like summer to me
When she was a lover to me

"Let me see the smile, stay with me awhile
I cried for you, you were the song in my life
Let me see the smile, stay with me awhile
I cry for you, you were the song in my life."

"Wow, that's a really good song." Awsten says.

"It'd be better if you feature on it with us." Silas smirks.

"I would love to." He responds.

We got started working on the paper work and planned dates then before we all had to rush off to prep for our sets.

After the gutairs were tuned, and we knew it, and we ran into fans who hugged us, we stood back stage and I made  a call to Alex. "Hey baby girl." He says softly.

"Hey, I'm glad you got to your parents safely."

"Me too. They really missed me." He chuckles. "It will help me convince them to move down to LA, but if we can't do that, we can drive here and stay every now and then with our child or we could fly, but babies don't do well in flights."

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind flying down first." I chuckle.

"I already miss you."

"I miss you too." I chuckle.

"I went to the doctor yesterday, by the way."

"What for- oh. Nevermind." I blush. "Awsten said yes! So it's going to work out, but I've got to go. About to go on stage. Bye baby. I love you."

"I love you, bye." He responds before hanging up.