Chapter 12 - The Royal Family of Westeros

Thor followed quietly behind Loki, Sansa, and Missandei, glancing from side to side as he walked along. Tapestries hung on the walls, and Thor found himself studying the sigils. There was a tapestry with a three headed dragon, a horned helmet, a lion, a direwolf, a kraken, and on and on and on. Missandei saw him looking and decided to educate him. "The dragon is the symbol for House Targaryen, the ruling house of Westeros," she said and Thor glanced at her.

"And, can I assume the horned helmet is the emblem for House Frostborn?" he queried, and she nodded.

"It is the newest house of Westeros, and the second most powerful. And that's only because they are not the royalty," Missandei whispered, obviously not interested in Loki or Sansa hearing her.

"Which, to be honest with you, Lady Missandei, I am surprised that he did not take the throne for himself. My brother is normally not one for settling for less when he could have his cake and eat it too," Thor said and Missandei smiled. She glanced ahead to where Sansa was leaning her head against Loki's shoulder and they were whispering as they walked along.

"Since the day I've met him, he has groomed my queen for the position. He has never said or done anything that hinted a desire for the throne. He once said he never wanted the throne. He only wanted to be equal." This phrase made Thor literally stop walking and Missandei paused and eyed him. "Prince Thor? What is the matter?" Thor did not look at her, but instead glanced ahead at Loki. Loki must have sensed he was looking at him and glanced over his shoulder. There was a serious look in his eyes, and Thor felt his heart almost stop in his chest.

"I never wanted the throne! I only ever wanted to be your equal!" Loki said, the sorrow and anger palpable.

"I have changed, brother," Thor said, still attempting to assuage him.

"So have I; now fight me!" Loki smacked Thor in the face with Gungnir and knocked him to the ground. Thor pulled himself to his feet and growled at him.

"I will not fight you brother!" he shouted back.

"I'm not your brother. I never was," Loki retorted.

"Loki, this is madness," Thor said in despair.

"Is it madness? Is it? Is it?!" Loki hissed with venom dripping off every word.

Thor shook his head and cleared the memory from his mind as they arrived at a pair of high doors with dragons carved into them. Missandei stepped in front of them and knocked loudly. They opened and two Unsullied stepped out. She smiled at them and led the guests into the chamber. Thor got the sea breeze in his face and smiled as the sunlight danced on the shallow waters of a small fountain in the center of the hallway. A bedazzled arch opened up into a room that was a giant painting. Thor was amazed at the realism and the amount of detail that went into the work. Thor saw a pale woman with white hair standing in front of three dragons. He quickly recognized Loki standing next to her, holding a golden spear, and with his horned helmet on his head. Thor saw images of the other heroes of Westeros and was mesmerized at how they all seemed to be equal in the painting. "Their majesties are through here," Missandei said, leading them through two more doors into an official bedchamber.

"Loki! Sansa!" Tyrion greeted from the bed. He waved to them and they approached. Thor hung back, waiting for somebody to signal him forward. He saw Loki and Sansa made their way to the bed and congratulated the happy couple. A little girl with golden hair and violet eyes appeared from behind a curtain and looked at him. She smiled and scurried over to the bed.

"Uncle Loki! Aunt Sansa!" she called out and Loki turned. He gave her a large grin and scooped her into his arms.

"Have you been a good big sister so far?" he asked and she nodded.