Chapter 93 - Westeros Meets with Jotunheim

The great doors of the throne room were opened and Loki entered with his family. The nobles and courtiers gasped when they saw Fenris walking in behind House Frostborn. The wolf growled before facing forward again. Thor walked just a little behind them, but not diminished. Sif joined him with a smile on her face. Volstagg and Hogun also stepped up to follow. "Fandral?" Thor whispered.

"He is with the old lady from House Tyrell. Ser Loras' grandmother. He was invited to attend the funeral of her grandson at High Garden. He will return to Asgard later," Hogun answered.

"And you still mean to announce your engagement and alliance to Dorne?" Thor queried and the grim warrior nodded. Thor smiled. "Congratulations, my friend. Only marry for love." Hogun nodded and that was when they arrived at the footsteps before the Iron Throne. Daenerys was sitting on the Iron Throne with Tyrion sitting next to her. Tyria was sitting in a little chair next to her mother, and Draegon was cuddled in her arms. She smiled down at Loki and the Hand of the Queen bowed to her. Standing a few feet away from them, was Helbindi and General Nadir.

"My sister, I am happy to see that the Iron Throne is still in your possession and victory is yours," Loki complimented. He winked to Helbindi, and his brother just grinned. 

"But it's not just my victory, brother. It is yours as well. Yours, and our new ally's," Daenerys answered with a slight smirk of her own. She glanced at Helbindi and the King of the Jotuns nodded.

"Indeed. While you were sleeping and restoring yourself after your brave stand against Surtur, your sister and her husband and I were discussing a formal alliance and trade agreements," Helbindi said. Loki glanced quickly at Tyrion before his eyes shifted to Helbindi.

"We were identifying items we could trade. Since we have dragons again, and you've simplified the process, we can trade them Valerian steel for their leather and fur. It is as your wife's house says, 'Winter is Coming' and we must be ready," Daenerys said. 

"Aye, we must he prepared for the darkest winter," Robb Stark said. Helbindi extended his hand to Daenerys.

"Um..." Loki started to say but the Dragon Queen took his hand. There was a sizzle as their hands touched, but surprisingly Daenerys was not burned. Helbindi withdrew his hand and walked over to Loki. 

"I look forward to doing business with you," Helbindi informed him. That was when a rainbow of lights fell from the sky and the Unsullied all pointed their spears at the intruders. Helbindi put his hand out and stopped his own guards from advancing for he knew who it was. When the light vanished, Thor stepped forward, his hands out in a manner of placation.

"Father! There is no need for you to interfere," Thor stated as he got between the All-Father and the Gatekeeper. Odin glared at Thor before he turned his one eye to Helbindi.

"We saw you gathering your forces on Jotunheim. Imagine our concern for the safety of the realms," Odin commented.

"Except for the part where you know I do not have the same policies as my father. I came here at the behest of my elder brother. Of course, once things were resolved, Queen Daenerys decided to come to an agreement. As the independent leaders, we are free to make alliances with whomever we so choose. There is no clause that says we have to get your approval for anything," Helbindi retorted. Odin's eyebrow twitched slightly and the younger Laufeyson smirked. Daenerys stood up and clenched her hands into fists at her side.

"Odin, you have no business putting your nose into our Westerosi affairs. And if you think of using Loki as an excuse, you're wrong," Daenerys said. Odin frowned and Heimdall's golden eyes flicked to Loki. The God of Mischief stepped forward and flanked Daenerys on her right. That was when Jon Snow appeared on her left. "It has been revealed to us that Loki is the firstborn son of my mother, Rhaella Targaryen and Laufey of Jotunheim. That means, that he and his offspring are in line for the Iron Throne after mine. Being a royal of not only Jotunheim but also Westeros gives him diplomatic immunity." Odin's face flushed crimson in pure wrath and Thor definitely had to get in between his father and the Queen of Westeros. Heimdall also advanced, but the Hound stood up to him, his hand on his claymore. 

"No fighting," Loki ordered and everyone stood down. He sighed dramatically and glanced at Odin. "Look, as fun as it would be to summon Rhaegal, pull out the Casket of Ancient Winters, freeze you both where you stand-"

"Which you won't do," Sansa interrupted as she held Rhaenar's hand. Odin looked at the young boy as the boy grinned. Loki adjusted Ragna in his arms and Odin looked at her as well. "We want peace, All-Father. Don't think that just because we have an alliance with Jotunheim that we're planning war on the rest of the worlds. That would just be predictable and boring," the Lady of House Frostborn stated.

"Our sister terrifies me," Robb whispered to Arya as she stood next to him on the dais. Arya just rolled her eyes and watched the scene unfold. Heimdall finally moved forward and placed a hand on his king's shoulder.

"I confirmed that the Jotuns were heading to Westeros and that the throne here was in peril, but not from Helbindi; from Surtur," the Golden Gatekeeper whispered.

"Whom I have slain, and his people are no more," Loki interrupted.

"So, the threat of the Fire Giants has been dealt with?" Odin queried and both Loki and Thor nodded. The All-Father sighed, glancing at Ragna and Rhaenar again, his eye narrowing. "Very well. But I request that both Daenerys and Helbindi swear to never join forces against the other realms."

"That is a promise I cannot and am not obligated to make," Daenerys answered. Odin colored again, but the Dragon Queen raised her hand to silence him. "What if another realm decided to attack us? I am not very friendly with the realm of Nidavellir for instance, obvious reasons of course," Daenerys explained, her head tilting in Loki's direction. "What if they were to attack us and I asked Helbindi for his aid? Would I be wrong in trying to defend my lands?" Odin turned to Thor as his on drew him aside and whispered something to him. Heimdall did the same and finally Odin agreed to whatever they were telling him. He faced Loki and Daenerys.

"Very well. As I said the first time we spoke, the sovereignty of Westeros will be acknowledged, but you might want to inform the other realms about Loki's new status as possible heir to the Iron Throne. Certain... other realms... won't be too happy about this," Odin informed Daenerys. She smirked and Loki snickered.

"That's what we were counting on," she responded.