Chapter 81 - Littlefinger Against House Frostborn

Rhaenar sensed Baelish coming even before the man appeared in his chamber. Obara Sand raised her spear and pointed it at him. "Take another step closer and I will spear you like a wild boar," she threatened. Baelish grinned as he waved his hand, knocking Obara against the wall, and began to encase her in the stone. 

"Stop," Rhaenar said calmly and the wall ceased to trap her. The Dornish girl struggled but could still not escape. Littlefinger looked at the boy, examining him. 

"You insolent brat," he said.

"What else is new?" Rhaenar rejoined. Baelish created a whip out of ash and lashed out at Rhaenar and the young Frostborn held out his hand, his eyes turning green as he used his magic to cause the item to disintegrate. Littlefinger immediately conjured up blades and threw them at Rhaenar. Rhaenar dodged the first two before creating a green shield that made the last one rebound. Baelish vanished and Rhaenar closed his eyes, concentrating on his surroundings. His eyes snapped open and he spun around, stepping back just as Baelish reached for him. Rhaenar tripped and Baelish grabbed him by the throat. Rhaenar stabbed at the same time with a blade of ice and it entered Baelish's body in between two ribs. Littlefinger tossed Rhaenar to the ground, melting the ice blade with a touch. Rhaenar pulled himself up and took up a defensive stance, green sparks dancing on the ends of his fingers.

"Where's your sister? Still hasn't shown her face?" Baelish challenged as he created a sword of flame. Rhaenar looked at the weapon and his cheeks paled a little.

"Run, Rhaenar! Flee now!" Obara commanded as she continued to struggle against the stone that held her hostage. 

"My sister has a mind and agenda of her own. You would think she was already an adult," Rhaenar answered. Baelish drew his sword up and Rhaenar bowed his head, bringing his hands together. He began to create an ice energy crystal in the palms of his hand. Littlefinger was about to strike him and Rhaenar let the crystal go. It exploded, covering the room in ice and snow, smothering the sword of flame that Baelish had created. When everything cleared, Obara pulled out of the brittle stone and saw that Petyr Baelish was pulling himself off the floor. His hands were frostbitten and no longer capable of conjuring fire. Rhaenar was lying on the ground, his eyes closed and his skin blue. He was incapacitated after using all that magic. Obara went to him and gathered him in her arms. A swift and sharp kick to the head knocked her to the ground and she was unconscious. Baelish growled as he picked Rhaenar up by the collar of his vest.

"You are more trouble than you're worth. Because of this inconvenience, I've decided something. I won't wait for some stranger to make you a plaything," Baelish whispered to Rhaenar. The boy's eyes shifted behind his eyelids but he did not wake up as Baelish kicked open the door of Loki and Sansa's bed chamber. "Wouldn't it be ironically poetic if this was the bed where you were created?" he asked.

"Wouldn't it be ironically poetic if you put my brother down," said a voice and Littlefinger turned around. Ragna was standing in the doorway. Her clothes were dirty, her hair disheveled, and her expression grim. A dagger was pointed at Baelish and he could see that her other hand was hidden behind her back. He snickered as he pulled Rhaenar to him and wrapped his one arm around his neck.

"Ah! The daughter finally shows her face! Your timing was perfect! I can have the both of you!" he declared and Ragna smiled.

"You wish you could have the both of us. What is it that angers you more? The fact that we aren't yours? Or the fact that you know you couldn't have had ones like us?" Ragna challenged and Petyr Baelish stiffened.

"You speak of things you can't even begin to comprehend," he said and Ragna shrugged.

"I can comprehend many things. My mind is far more advanced than a normal person's. For instance, when I was first told about you, I looked up everything I could about you in the archives. I could read when I was two and Clegane was kind enough to reach up to the higher shelves for me. You formed your own house; your symbol was a mockingbird. Fitting, considering as how you were mocking the other established houses," Ragna said. She lowered her blade and stepped into the room, always careful to keep whatever was behind her back out of sight. "You fell in love with Catelyn Tully, and don't ask me how. However, Brandon Stark was supposed to marry her. You challenged him and lost, but she asked that your life be spared. That was her first mistake. Second mistake was thinking she or anyone else dear to her could trust you. My grandfather, Eddard Stark, also made the mistake of trusting you. It cost him his head," Ragna said to Baelish. She smirked a little. "My father never made that mistake. From the first moment he saw you, he knew what you were. Take it any way you like. I'm bored." Petyr Baelish stiffened. Those were the exact same words Loki had spoken to him when they first met.