Christmas Pt.2

Soldier 76:

You were on the Nomad as everyone celebrated. Hal was singing as Sunny was cooking and Raiden and Rose dancing. John was talking to your adult son George about missions he been on, hell Colonel and Myron and Joanna were here. You were just looking through the windows of the huge carrier.

John saw how alone and depressed you looked asked George. “Hey George Miss Snake looks really sad, why is that?” George looked over to see his mother all by herself, he sigh sadly. “Listen kid this is personal for her and me, sure it's Christmas but it still sadden us since my dad passed away a long time ago.”

John was curious. “Your dad? Was he super cool like your mom?”

“Oh big time. My old man was the Strike-Commander of Overwatch back in the day, he and my mom were the poster kids of the organization. They were an unstoppable duo, great heroes and I wanted to be just like them.”

“So that's why you're the General of the U.N Army.” George chuckled and ruffled the head of John's. “Right little man but I do it for their honor especially my pops, since he died at the explosion of Overwatch’s HQ. Out of all of us I think my mom took it the hardest, she still loves my dad and is still depressed about it.” John felt sorry and had an idea, and whispered it to John who in turn told the others. They all agreed.

You were unaware of their plans kept watching the view. Sunny ran up to you and gave you a glass. “Snake here it's eggnog.” You grabbed it and examined it, you didn't quite enjoy it but you didn't also hate it. So you say fuck it and drank it plus Jack adore eggnog. You finished it quickly and thanked Sunny and you look back at the “party” and saw everyone was still doing their thing. Suddenly you felt tired and closed your eyes.

You woke up abruptly and saw you been wrapped in Christmas wrappers.

Fuck I been jingled jangled!

You struggled but you soon got out, and heard some laughter. You saw everyone there and realized. “You guys put something in my drink, Sunny why?” George smile. “Mom we did this because well you always sad on Christmas. So we want to make you happy, by wrapping you up just like we did to dad.” You smile gently. “Now I know how he feels, still funnier it happen to him.”

Sunny came out with burnt cookies, no wanting to hurt her and it is the holidays you ate them…. With the help of tons of eggnog.

You and Raiden had eggnog drinking contest and you won, danced with the Colonel and Myron, played games with Sunny and John, watched those Christmas specials with Hal, George, and Joanna. You actually enjoyed it and felt very happy, so it was lit at the Nomad, hell even the dogs were enjoying it.

“Jack what's that?”

Jack looked up from the precious picture of his family. He said in a sad tone. “It's my family on Christmas, George wanted everyone to wear Santa’s hats including the dogs.” He pass it to Ana, she smiled. “Oh I almost forgot how beautiful your family is, I bet George is now a handsome man like his father.”

Jack chuckled. “He is he's now the U.N General and is saving people. I'm so proud of him.”

Jack had a sad smile. “I remember how Angel and lil’ man will wrapped me up and put me under the tree. I always panicked but hearing their laughter always warmed me up. I also remember the burnt food Angel will cook, it tasted like shit but I will eat it since she tried her best. Then watching those old stop motion specials with George, the one with those Miser brothers and Santa Claus coming to town were his favorites.”

Jack was close to tears. “I miss them so much… I wish I can see them again.” Ana comfort Jack. “It's okay Jack but remember they will always love you, after all (Y/n) only smile and was more sweet around you. You're her rock, she'll never forget you.” Jack agreed but it still hurts to not to hold his wife and son again.