🎃*Halloween Special Hanzo's Part*👻

Who's excited for the Halloween event on the 10th. I am!
Btw I originally did this off of the Crane Wife and the Vocaloid song based off that myth but changed it.
I had to do this part 3 times until it was okay for my tastes. So I'm sorry if this sucks.
*********************************

The wandering archer had sins he need to atone for and the years traveling alone made his heart harden. He can always feel the blood he spill especially of his brother on his hands. He has fallen into a depression and he feels that his grave is getting deeper each day.

Until he met the famous sun bird Phoenix.

As a young man he found the magnificent creature stuck in a net with a spear embedded in its shoulder near his camp late one night.

*Flashback*

The archer found himself in unfamiliar surroundings, he believe he's somewhere in Asia possibly China. He was in makeshift camp he built for himself with a fire at the center in some forest. He hope in the morning he can reach some village, the fire crackled as warm his hands. He was wondering what he should do once he reach a village when a loud shriek of a bird making the man jump.

Hanzo jumped and grabbed his arrows and bow and looked around his dark surrounding. A soft high pitch coo got his attention and Hanzo out of curiosity followed the sounds with his weapons ready to attack. He followed the loud coos until he saw something he'll never expected to see.

There in front of the man was the largest bird he has ever seen. The large bird has beautiful bright features of red, orange, or yellow with long feathers with purple tips. The main feature that caught Hanzo's eyes was flames were coming from the tops of its huge wings and the head.

“N-No it can't be… A Hō-ō…”

It was the legendary Phoenix, a bringer of good deeds and peace, announcing the beginning of a new era or the birth of a virtuous ruler. He was shocked he heard legends of the legendary bird of the sun as a child… And now it's in front of him.

The poor creature had a net around it and Hanzo saw a spear embedded in it's shoulder. Someone must have try to capture the bird after all having a Phoenix for a pet or can make any man wealthy for his life and beyond. The creature look at the archer eyes full of fright and sadness, Hanzo was mesmerize by the creature’s (e/c) eyes when he took a step forward the creature try to move back. It was scared of him, thinking he was going to kill it.

He can if he wanted or keep it locked up in a cage so all have to pay to see the beauty of it. He can pluck it fiery feathers and sold them as souvenirs or trophies to the many who will pay greatly to have a glance at the sunbird. Yes he can then he'll be the richest man in history. The man who captured the Phoenix, so tempting

Hanzo gripped one of his arrows and walk close to the bird making it panicked. He gripped the rope as the creature struggled but to no avail since it wince terribly due to the spear. He gripped the arrow tightly and couldn't help imagine the wealth he will obtain in a few minutes. Then he glance at the Phoenix and saw it crow sadly and he can see tears in it's alluring eyes.

Pangs of guilt and remorse course through his body.

He can't capture such a great creature for his own selfish wants. It has freedom like him, it deserve to fly around the world to spread it beauty to others. Shame filled Hanzo and he sigh as he begin to cut the rope. The bird panicked more when Hanzo removed the rope but stop when Hanzo place a hand on it's fiery head, despite the fear the flames might burn him which they didn't.

“Calm down, I promised I will not hurt you. I only want to help.”

Hanzo softly coo as he gently pat the bird. Hanzo then move his hands to the spear and apologized for his future actions as he pulled out the spear. The bird cried in pain but Hanzo ripped a piece of his clothing to wrapped around the wound. Then he picked up the large bird and carry to his camp.