Healing Pt 2

Reaper:

When you awoke you saw Angela and your apprentice talking but you could only hear pieces of it.

“I think…. And it…. Feel better.”

“Are you…. We should…. Before I... The operation.”

‘Operation?’

You try to moved but your head and body ached. You groan in pain which got their attention your protégé got to you first. “Mrs. (Y/n) are you okay? Angela informed me that you took quite a nasty hit from the blast… and of your missing limbs.” You snapped up and remembered before you passed out.

Overwatch Swiss HQ was destroyed by an explosion.

An explosion caused by your husband for his revenge.

Gabriel crying and apologizing to you since his revengeance harmed you greatly and the loss of your lower legs. He never wanted to get you hurt.

You move the blanket and saw your legs were wrapped with bandages and you touch the stumps where your lower legs use to be. You were still shocked by everything and hoped it was just fucked up dream. Your protégé touched your shoulder. “Mrs. (Y/n) Angela call me wanted me to gave you cybernetic prosthesis, but I believe it's your choice.”

You didn't answered trying to still take in everything. Angela and your protégé were worried and talk to you saying are you fine or calling your name. Then you look up with a worried look.

“Where's Gabriel? Angela where's my husband?”

Angela and your student frozen they stayed silent for a moment before Angela touched your shoulder. She like your student had grief-stricken looks making you know what she was about to say. “(Y/n)... I'm sorry but……. Gabriel is gone. When medics arrive to look for any survivors, you were in the very front and was the first to be rescued.”

“B-but I crawled t-to the back and G-Gabriel was with m-me.”

Angela’s eyes widened and you swear guilt was in her eyes. “Well…. I guess Gabriel moved you so you can be seen and saved. Seem like even in his darkest time he’s still loving to you, but no one saw Gabriel and we searched for him. In the end we couldn't find his body and proclaim him dead, now I guess he succumb to his injuries.” Your heart tighten and you released tears at knowing your husband despite his evil intentions saved you and now he’s gone. Your student hugged you trying to comfort you and Angela pat your back.

She offer you tissues and both of them waited until you calm down to sniffles, you wipe your tears. Angela spoke in a soft tone. “(Y/n) you were in coma for a two weeks now due to losing tons of blood and went into shock. I put you in a medically induced coma so your heart can calm down and as I clean your injuries and perform surgery to remove the shrapnel from your body.”

You look at your arms and saw them covered in bandages your student moved away so you can see that your upper legs and abdomen also covered in bandages. She looked at you. “After the surgery Angela called me for the cybernetics and I just arrived a few days ago since Winston wanted me to come after everything calmed down. And now you're awake I want to know if you truly want cybernetic prosthesis, it's fine you don't want to.”

“.......... No I want to I want to feel somewhat normal again. I only want you and Angela to do it since I trust you two, and just the legs right? You guys are not going to me to Genji or….?

They smile and Angela spoke. “No we only put Genji under heavy cyberization because he needed it. You only will get your legs and that's it.” You sigh in relief it just you don't want to be like Genji, it's because he said it was difficult to take it all in. He advise that no one should go through it, plus you should be healing and probably start anew. Yes Gabriel is gone but he felt guilty for bringing you harm and he in a way saved you. Plus you're a tough woman you just have to pick yourself up since your kids need you now and now since their father died. You can't just fall in despair and depression you need to be strong for Gabriel's stake and your kids too.