Life Will Never Be The Same

It was going on Ten at night and John still hadn't walked thru the door yet. It was nothing new to Paris, his wife. She knew he had to been down at the bar, even though she begged him to take it easy. Every since he had lost his right hand man he hadn't been the same. He vowed to her that he would leave the streets alone for good, but that caused him to pick up another habit. Paris hated when he would drink and drive home she tried not to trip just as long as she didn't have to worry about him being in the street No More. The fact that he was now working on being a family man was all that mattered her Paris. John was more loving and dedicated to his family, he would spend more time with them and everything, but that only made matters worse because her son was no in the streets and half the time he didn't come home.

Tionne was sitting in the living room watching TV as her stomach continued to growl "Ma where's daddy at"? She asked holding her stomach as hunger pains grew. They always tried to wait for John to come home before they sat down at the dinner table because it felt more like home and family when he was around.
Paris came from out the kitchen "Probably down at that bar, he knows what I told him"She chuckled as she dried her hands with the kitchen towel.
"Him and that Jarvis have hard heads I swear to you" she continued as they both laughed out loud. "Well let me see if I can go find him" Tionne said standing up putting on her shoes. If she had to wait another minute to eat she was gonna scream.

"When you find him tell him we are gonna fight when he walks through this door" Paris chuckle heading back in the kitchen.

With that Tionne left out the house and walked out into the night air proceeding up the street halfway away from her house. Suddenly someone ran up behind her placing their hand over her mouth so she didn't scream before making her face them. Scared for her life, her heart began to thump in her chest until she noticed it was just her brother,but when she looked in his eyes she noticed this wasn't her same brother that she was use to. His eyes were blood shot red and watery and he was sweating even though it was cold out.

"Jarvis what's wrong with you...." She asked, but he stopped her from finishing by putting his hand back over her mouth.

"Te I need you to listen to me..." he spoke seriously with a little anger in his voice that was beginning to frightening her. "What's wrong"? "Te....stop talking and...." she cut him off again "Jar what is....."

"Te, dad's dead" he blurted out as his voice started to crack. By now Tionne stood shocked as her eyes began to water at the words that had just left Jarvis mouth. She knew this was no joke what so ever as bad as she wished it was. Her mind began to race and her palm became sweaty.

"What"? she managed to coughed out.

"He's dead Te, Somebody shot him down at bar"Jarvis said with tears falling from his eyes.

When those words left his mouth again Tionne lost it, she started to scream and tried to run pass Jarvis until he grabbed her into a tight bear hug. He just held onto his fighting sister as he rested his head on her back while they both cried together.

What was they gonna do without John, their hearts were officially broken. Their dad was dead, something they never had been prepared for even though they knew the life he lived. He finally let her go once she calmed down and turned her to face him. He told her to go home cause he knew the cops were on their way there by now and he would be back later. Truth be told he couldn't be around to see his mother brake down when the news got to her. Tionne felt like she couldn't move her legs, but she managed to get back home before the police showed up. She was so devastated,and it was written all over her face she couldn't hide it. When she walked back through the door, she slowly walked over to the couch and collapse on it total zoned out in space. Paris came from out the kitchen with a smile, but hadn't noticing her daughter's sudden mode change.

"Did you find ya father"? Paris asked. Finally looking at Tionne, then her smile faded.. "Tionne what's wrong baby"? Tionne's eyes were so watery that as soon as she would blink tears were going fall,but she couldn't blink, talk or nothing she was completely numb. All she could do what sit there with the same expression she walked in with.

The Door bell rang seconds later causing Tionne to jump a little. Paris headed to the door and quickly opened it as she stood face to face with one black male cop and one Caucasian male cop.

A confused expression hit her face as she looked back and forth at the two cops. "Are you Mrs. Paris Turner"? Asked the tall black male cop. When he asked that Tionne closed her eyes as tears finally dropped down her face. She couldn't believe what she was ready to hear let alone what her mother was ready to hear.
"Yes I am,how can I help you"? She said nervously. The last thing she wanted to hear was that John got himself jammed up after he told her he would leave the streets alone.

"I'm Officer Roy and this is my partner Jason, Ma'ma may we come in"? the tall black cop continued. Still confused she opened the door wider inviting the two officers inside her home.
Paris looked at Tionne who had tears pouring down her face then back at the officers. "Whats going on, Tionne baby what happened"? Saying that Paris was so confused was an understated, she never seen her daughter in such emotion state, let alone the police had never showed up to her door. The fact that John had always been careful made her worry less, but Jarvis was a different story. " Did something happen to my son... Tionne where's ya brother"?
Tionne hear her, but she couldn't bring herself to speak. The Caucasian officer decided to break the news even though it was gonna be hard for him to do.Believe it or not John was cool with all types of people and the two cops who were standing in their living room happened to be two people he were close to. "Ma'ma your husband was murder tonight down the street at the....." the rest of his words went deaf to Paris as she screamed out and fall down to her knees.

The officer was still talking, but his words werent heard from her or Tionne. Paris crawled over to Tionne grabbing her into a hug as they cried together. "No John baby no..... you can't leave us" Paris cried out with tears pouring out her eyes. Her husband,their father was gone and never coming back.

A few days later:

Paris remained in her room and hadn't come out unless she had to use the bathroom or check on Tionne. Jarvis still hadn't faced his mother and he knew it was gonna be hard when he finally did. Even she knew why he didn't come to her yet,he was the reflection of John from looks down to personality and he knew it would hurt her more. Tionne spent most of her days reminiscing and crying, her family was over and her father was gone. She finally pulled herself together and headed to her parents bedroom. The door was slightly opened so she walked in to seeing her mother sitting up with her back to the headboard in a daze. When Paris noticed Tionne standing there and gave her a weak smile and waved her over to her.

Tionne sat down next to her mother as they locked eyes with each other. "How are you feeling baby"?Paris asked rubbing Tionne's long hair that hung out of her ponytail.

Tionne nod her head yes "I just wanted to check on you".

"I'm gonna be ard baby" Paris said lowly, but deep down she wasnt ard her heart hurted. Paris went back into that deep daze that she was in before Tionne came in and that farther let her know that her mother wasn't ok.

As scared as she was to leave her because she noticed her brake down coming soon, she knew she had to give her space. Just when she stood to leave the room Paris grabbed her hand for her to sit back down. Tionne looked over at her mother as she noticed the hurt in her eyes. "Tionne I have to tell you something that I know I should have been told you"........... Tionne became nervous at what Paris was ready to say.