Keep It Real

Tionne

10:30 p.m

I walked through (Phatz) Daniel's club Watching the same lame ass bitches twerking around on the stage and giving tired lap dances.
I chuckled to myself as I walked up to the third floor to Daniel's office holding the duffle bag tightly across my shoulder. I tapped twice on the door before Jackson opened it. I couldn't believe this nigga had me meeting up with this old white dude twice a week, it was nerve wrecking.

"Wassup Ms. Lovely Tempted" Jackson greeted me calling me by my stage name.
I rolled my eyes "Don't call me that please Jackson" I mumbled but loud enough so he could hear me. He chuckled and threw his hands up in surrender.
"Why not, that is ya stage name that I gave you"? Daniel spoke while puffing on a cigar, sitting on the edge of his desk. I rolled my eyes at him and threw the bag on the floor by his feet. He glanced down at the bag then back up at me and smiled.
"Tempted is ya name and that is the name you will always be called whether you like it or not"Daniel said in a deep serious voice.
I crossed my arms across my chest and stared him down "Are we done here I gotta go"?

"How was the new connect"? He asked.
I shrugged "Cool... We done"?
"What's the problem? Is it because he's not Nasir"? He asked. I swallowed hard just at the mention of Nasir's name.
"Just do me a favor and don't try to cross me for this connect because I promise you you will not get far" Daniel warned.

I rolled my eyes at him again as he laughed like something was funny. I stormed out the office I couldn't stand to be around his disrespectful snake ass any longer.

When I got back downstairs to the dressing room got dressed in my red lingerie two piece and pumps. When I got upstairs to the second floor I saw Janay on the stage of course giving her best show. Janay had all the moves patted down believe me she wasn't walking out of there with nothing lesser than 20 grand a night, on our good days we made much more.
I walked over to the bar to get a drink before my show and bumped into Ro. He was already drunk of course, but he still managed to handle himself.
"Wassup Tempted"  said pulling to me, I rolled my eyes and was ready to walk away until he pulled me back. I was still pissed off at the shit he pulled in Daniel's office that night.

"Yeah... Wassup Ro"? I said.
"Shit... look I'm sorry about what happened yo. I crossed you, but you gotta understand I was jealous"? He said looking me up and down.

I tilted my head to the side "Of what"? ".

He laughed " I'm just playing with ya". His face turned serious "Forreal tho how Is things?? Ya brother and mom's straight"? He asked.

   Ro knew all about my situation, he knew about my mother being on drugs now too. Me and ro were really like brother and sister that's the relationship we had. He was who I talked to when Jarvis wasn't around due to making runs for Daniel all across the fucking world.
"I don't know... I haven't heard from her" I said, sighing.
"But Jarvis is Jarvis I guess.... He's cool" I said leaning my back against the bar stand, looking around the club.
He nodded "That's good... And far as ya mom's don't worry shit gonna get better" he advised.
I nodded "What's new with you"?
"Ain't shit... Janay doing her thang on the stage" Ro said looking at Janay.

I glanced back at her working the pole then looked back at RO. "Yes she is... But my bitch always does" I said cheering her on.
"Yeah... I can't wait til ya ass get up there" he said Chuckling.I mocked him making him laugh harder.
"Don't be like that baby girl it's all jokes. But I still can't wait" he said as he laughed again.