chapter 100: Good Night

"why isn't he waking up?" Adrian asked hysterically. "I thought you were able to restart his heart? Is he dead?"

Angeal's face went blank and pale, unable to give an accurate answer.

"His heart is beating, I can hear it perfectly." Marcus said. "He just wont wake up."

"We have to kill Vienna, she has transferred bodies." Arlene's eyes still bore the Moretz's flame directing it to Angeal, the most powerful one in the room.

"Vienna is no longer a problem. Trust me." Angeal responded. Before Arlene could ask more questions Angeal spoke once again. "This is most certainly an effect of the heart-stopping spell; it was a curse to bring forth permanent death, but Theon's immortality prevented its complete efficiency. This is the side effect. We tried to cheat death, and now, death is in the process of retribution."

"Diana fled." Marcus shifted topic. "She said she knows a witch who can tell us what has happened to Prince Theon."

"Don't you have any awakening spells?" Arlene questioned.

Angeal shook his head. "Theon's current predicament is even more potent than his initial sleeping curse by Vienna's hands. I can not break it."

"Perhaps, Elizabeth's power could help?"

"I can only access a small fragment of her magic, not enough to awaken Theon."

"Is he still immortal?" Adrian asked

"Yes he is; his wounds were regenerating awhile back, on their own." Marcus answered.

"So, he's back to square one; trapped in suspended animation for God knows how long."

"There must be a loophole to this." Said Marcus, position a hand on Theon's body lying on the white floor of the dome.

Angeal stared at his nephew with intent. His skin was paler than it was before, his breathing was slow and extremely constant, his blonde hair was dishevelled and his eyelids were shut. Licking his lips, "I shall try to find answers in my sister's golden book. Perhaps, she knows what this is."

"Adrian, where is the medallion by the way?"

"Well, i threw it away. It's useless now anyway."

"Please retrieve it, who knows what kind of insideous essence is still intact within it."

"Perhaps, you are right, Angeal." Adrian shrugged and carried along.

"Angeal!" Arlene boomed out. "Vienna."

"You need worry about her, she is currently serving a fate worse than death."

Arlene stared at Angeal- half unsatisfied with his answer and half joyful of the idea.

"Right now, Theon is the priority." Angeal accented with his unusually serious demeanor.

___________________________________

Once upon a time...

There was a majestic prince.

He has slept for days beyond his knowledge.

Unable to flee from his agony brought by sleep and unrest, death was his sole wish, his surest escape.

Alas, not even death could free him from his suffering as his life was gifted and cursed with the burden of eternity.

His awakening too was temporary, as he was plunged into the same plague of suspended animation he once suffered, unable to wake.

16 years have passed and still his eyes remained shut.

But in another realm, a new yet similar pair of eyes see what he does not.

In another realm, another name in his place was being called.

In another realm, another prince with divine power was walking the earth.

But, for now... Good Night, Theon.

-------------------------END---------------------------

Guys omg! I finished the first book after a year!!!! Thank you for your support.

Is this the end of Prince Theon? NO! Stay tuned for the second book- "Born by Slumber"

Most of the cliffhangers in this first novel will be answered there... Questions like:

1. Who/what is the mysterious force
That revived Angeal.

2. What is the heartless angel exactly? What does he want?

3. Who are the other members of the excalibur?

4. What happened to Axel, where is he?

5. Is Theon permanently in a coma?

6. What is the history behind Rayna, Angeal, and Adrian?

7. Who is Orion?