chapter 70: The Door In the Middle

Theon was never more urgent in his tone. The moment he woke up, the only word that came out from his lips was the dome.

"What did you see, child?" Asked Mel curiously, her wrinkles were pronounced as she frowned.

Jaime stared at Theon with sympathy. Eventually, the old man croaked to his grandson. "Nais ko nang magpahinga."

"Opo." Answered James smoothly. "My grandfather wishes to take his leave."

"Of course, Jaime." Smiled Mel gratefully. "Thank you for your assistance."

With that, the man stood up and maneuvered his cane, exiting to another room slowly.

"What a frail man." Remarked Arlene.

James glared a look of disdain to the young girl but it eventually faded to a stare of understanding. "He is over a hundred and four years old."

"The dome." Interrupted Theon. "We have to go right this instance."

"It seems, the prince have something urgent in mind." Said Mel, apprehending the situation. "Im afraid, we must take our leave as well."

"So it seems." Sighed the young gentleman. "I shall escort you all back from whence you came."

-----------------

Once they arrived at the magical version of a brick wall in the Philippines, James waved his good bye and wished them luck, returning to his grandfather.

Mel chanted the password and the brick wall gave way. As they enterred, Arlene noticed that the immortal prince was silent. It was not his usual calm demeanor, it was almost like an excited silence, one of which that Arlene wasn't familiar of.

When they reached the silver door, Theon hurriedly opened it.

A group of witches stared at them for a moment and eventually reverted their focus on their spell works. Powerful streams and flashes of light emanated from hundred of wands in different locations. Scream of enchantments filled the room as the coven witches were perfecting their killing spells for the war that is to come.

"What now?" Asked Arlene, directing it to the prince.

Theon glanced at every inch of the room, eyeing for anything that can help them. The purple tapestries are of no use, obviously. The other silver doors leading to another place was not of their concerns. But, there was one door that assured Theon of the possibility for answers.

"Over there." He pointed at the massive white door of the dome. This door was initially cloaked the first time they arrived but, when Angeal died, the cloaking spell bestowed upon it has dissolved like his ashes.

Theon, unable to wait any longer, made use of his enhanced speed and went to the white entrance in the middle, leaving Arlene and Mel to follow behind him.

The prince tried the doorknob but it didn't budge an inch. "Is it locked?" Theon frowned. "Angeal." He wisphered. "Angeal."

"It's locked isn't it?" Said a deep voice as Mel and Arlene eventually catched up with the vampiric fast creature.

Theon's eyes shifted from the white door to the huge brute approaching them.

"This door serves as a portal-like entrance to where Angeal keeps his most prized possessions." Said the towering figure.

"His divine weapons." Concluded Mel.

"Indeed."

"Help us or leave!" Theon clenched his teeth impatiently. A look in his eyes manifested the desire to rip Adrian apart.

"You do not speak to me with such insolence, brat." Adrian looked down at the immortal. "I am the supreme witch of the dome of where you currently stand. Watch your tongue." He said threateningly. "I may have reached an understanding for you in some extent, but it does not give you the liberty to speak to me crudely."

Theon smiled suprisingly, almost sarcastically. "Oh okay." He simply said. "Now will you please help us open this door. We will be eternally in your debt if you did."

Adrian ignored the prince's sarcasm and proceeded to touch the doorknob.

"Angeal no vistei evi nox."
chanted the witch.

A slight click was heard by Theon, indicating that the lock was no more. "Thank you, now run along."

Adrian frowned at the immortal then shifted his eyes on Mel and Arlene and gave them a curt nod. "We are all under Vienna's wrath, and so, we are all going to rise to victory as we settle on her demise."

"And you," he faced Theon. "Your arrogance will be the end of you someday."

Theon reponded with a puerile smile then gestured him away.

With that, the supreme witch gracefully returned to his throne, where he continues to watch his witches train their curses out.

The prince grabbed the knob and turned it which gave way for the door to open. To their surprise, a bright white light welcomed them. "A portal." Said Mel, exasperated. "Angeal is a genius."

Nearly everyone in the dome halted on what they were doing and watched the three enter the bright portal. It was only when Adrian ordered them to continue their practice did they revert their focus again.

The majestic white door closed as the three enterred.

They realized that they were now in the white room of Angeal. Three white coffins rested in the very middle of the place while a deep red coffin is place adjacent to the other divine weapons.

The golden book is neatly place at an intriquete small white stool at the corner of the fallen witch's room.

Theon approached the coffin at the right and slowly slided his hand at its white texture. "We're going to bring you back, Angeal."