chapter 96: Planetary allignment

Three hours before
-Angeal's room-

Adrian was walking in circles with Angeal as the epicenter. The buff witch's face was stern and impatient.

"Is it ready yet?" Said the supreme witch in haste.

"Yes." Angeal answered, finishing his spell with the flask filled with Marcus' blood. Right after Angeal's answer, the red liquid contained inside the flask started to boil calmly. "Marcus' blood is now connected to Theon's heart, the boiling of the liquid is in sync with the beating of his heart."

"Terrific, so all we have to do is wait for the planetary allignment, correct?" Adrian crossed his arms.

"Indeed so," Angeal responded, looking at the three ingredients still laying on the grounds of his domain.

Three hours later

The prince's moans could be heard echoing through the dark forest as his faultless-immortal body was dragged by mighty chains from his neck across the rough soil.

The gray-thick chains were pulling him towards the clearing in the middle of the forest, almost reminiscent to the nightmare he endured for three thousand years. Alas, what horrors await him there was beyond his imagination.

Bounded by a large circle of salt engraved around the clearing lays the screaming imagery of a soon-to-be-slaughtered victims for Vianna's transcension.

In the middle of the macabre spectacle was Vienna herself, smiling as her most crucial ingredient was dragged towards her.

"What?" Vienna shrugged. "Did you really think you were the only person needed to complete the spell?"

True to her words, in nearly all sides of the circular boundary lie human sacrifices. Their corpses had their throat slit in a comical fashion, oozing blood in their respective areas. Around the middle of the spectacle, adjacent to where Vienna was standing was an enormous werewolf chained by its neck similar to Theon. The chain of the beast seems to be conjured magically from the soil, binding the werewolf tightly on the ground on where it kneels before its Goddess.

Opposite the werewolf, was a vampire whose face was familiar to Theon. He realized that this particular vampire made an appearance in the battle waged three days ago. He was a part of Vienna's battalion. He too had similar chains tied around its neck and bounded to the soil.

The creature directly in front of Vienna would probably be the most disturbing sight to see. It was a woman whose age has stricken her to meekness. Her wrinkled body was shriveled with malnutrition... And abuse. Her eyes were evidently missing from her sockets, and her limbs were contorted unnaturally. Theon realized that this was one of the witches who was forced to serve Vienna. Her injuries were a result of the paranoia of Vienna: she wanted to avoid any one to escape her clutches ever again... After Mel did.

The witch, the werewolf, and the vampire's respective placements formed a ominuous triangle of torment as an inner shape in the circle of salt.

Theon would be placed in the epicenter of it all. The chains dragged him further to the said position, directly on Vienna's foot.

"As the planets of the heavens codify in this night of judgement, mayest the Goddess emerge from her pale shell."
Vienna spoke hypnotically, looking at the black sky whose celestial bodies were arranged just for her. Slowly she tilted her head on its regular level, staring at nothing and smiling at nothing. "Let the glory and power of Vienna commence."

The wicked witch stepped a foot away from her ancient victim. With a wave of her hand, she conjured 6 silver spears out of thin air; their jagged pointers were staring directly  at Theon's body. With another flicker of her wrist, Theon's body was forcefully positioned with his arms and legs spread wide across the dirty soil.