chapter 38: divine weapons

"You need not worry, i have my own weapons that can be used against Vienna." Said Angeal. "I call them divine weapons."

Angeal gestured towards the three white coffins. "Each of these caskets contains Vienna's weaknesses." Angeal smiled. "Did you think that i would spend the rest of thirty centuries not plotting her demise?"

Everyone in the room stared at the three pale white coffins that rested at the smooth white floor of Angeal's room.

Angeal continued. "But there is still one weapon missing, unfortunately, it is the most significant for her destruction. If I'm not mistaken, the last weapon is in her grasp."

"But why keep them in caskets?" Asked Mel.

Angeal sighed as he replied. "Because these weapons aren't things, they're people."

"People?" Hissed Arlene.

"Yes, dead people." Said Angeal.

"Well, this isn't creepy." Responded Arlene, sarcastically.

"Indeed." joined Mel in Arlene's sarcasm.

"Well, these dead people may just save your life." Said Angeal. "I suspect, you are unaware that one of them already did."

Mel frowned. "What is it your conveying, Angeal?"

Angeal smiled and winked as a response. "Now that you know my story, there is no need for your mistrust."

"How do we know you're not lying to us?" Said Arlene, arching a brow.

"Miss Moretz," said Angeal, arching a brow as well. "You know how gifted I am with witchcraft and you know you're standing in my place of power along with my three divine weapons, i could easily render you all into ash, yet I did not. I hope that is a proof of my sincerity."

Arlene lowered her head, defeated. He was right, if he did plan to do them harm, he would have done it sooner. Angeal had showed them kindness when he saved their lives, they certainly did not demonstrate the same kind manners in front of him. She concluded they had no reason to think that Angeal has ill will. Arlene's cheeks reddened in embarrasment for her actions.

"I'm sorry." Uttered Arlene. "And thank you for saving us awhile ago."

"No problem." Smiled Angeal.

"Angeal," Mel called out. "What do you mean about one of your weapons saving us?"

"I'm here, am i not." Angeal said mysteriously.

Theon shared the same confused countenance as everyone else.

"I thought it is obvious," said Angeal. "Recall the story i have told you about the consequences of cheating my faith."

Arlene, ever the most brilliant one, flashed up. "You are stuck in the place where your body is laid."

"Correct." Nodded Angeal.

"It means," said Mel. "One of the divine weapons you spreak of, is yourself."

"Right." Smiled Angeal. "A very powerful witch who has died, often has resinue of the power he once had. Furthermore, my body's existence allows my spirit to remain in the mortal plain and so, i had preserved my body from the day i died." He explained.

"What are the other weapons?" Asked Theon, eyeing the other two coffins.

"The one in the right." Angeal directed. "Is meant for you, Theon. You need not concern yourself with the others."

"What will i do with it?" Asked Theon. "How will i use it? And importantly so, what is it?"

Angeal made a pulling motion with his hand and the white coffin in the right slided towards him, with an unseen force. When the coffin was directly in front of him, Angeal flicked his fingers and the casket opened.

Inside the coffin was an extremely pale white man in his late 20's. Jet black hair, black brows, clean flawless skin and raven sharp nose and reddish lips were his most defined features. He appears to be topless, wearing only black jeans, a gothic leather belt and leather shoes.

"Who is he?" Asked Theon.

"One of the first of Vienna's experiments. Two thousand eight hundred years old, one of the very first vampires to walk the earth and also, one of the most powerful. I ordered my witches to capture him, he put up a fight of course, i have lost so many friends because of him, eventually he was captured and they brought him to me. In conclusion, their deaths weren't in vain. I saved this body for a special occasion and this is it. For you, my nephew."

"What do you want me to do?"
Asked Theon.

"Elizabeth had formed a spell that could bind two beings into one." Said Angeal, eyeing the book. "On that note, I need the assistance of my sister's book."

This time, Mel did not hesitate and she gave the book willingly.

Angeal smiled at Mel's surrender and opened the book carefully.

"My mother's works could be quite incomprehensible." Reasoned Theon.

"Hmm, perhaps you tried to read it." Frowned Angeal. "It isn't supposed to be read." Just like that Angeal spoke an ancient encantation. "Omn et elisabuste vearis en vigiliste"

Sparkling golden dust floated gracefully from the book into Angeal's hand, dissolving in his touch.

"There it is." Whispered Angeal. "I told you," Angeal looked at Theon. "Your mother's works are profoundly godly as well as it is extremely graceful."

"Do you have what you need?" Asked Mel, amazed by what she saw.

Arlene was flabbergasted and the word 'whoa' escaped her lips when she saw the beautiful golden pixie like dust emanated from the golden book.

"Yes, answered Angeal. Let us begin?" Angeal faced Theon. The prince nodded valiantly.

"The spell im casting today will bind you with this vampire. In doing so, you will gain all of his advantages; the strength of a thousand men, the speed of a bullet and the senses of predators and because of the nature of your immortality, you will not inherit any of his weaknesses." Angeal continued. "You shall be the perfect immortal vampire, invulnerable to anything but superior to everyone, as long as nothing happens to his body... his strength, his speed, his senses belongs to you."