chapter 1: 3000 years ago

Once upon a time, there was a majestic king. Owning all the sterling crystals and gems, the kingdom was as majestic as its ruler; the land was flowing with milk and honey. But in every good story has a wicked witch, she wanted to take the throne and the kingdom for her own. She wanted to break the king and his reign and so, she placed a devious curse on the king's pregnant wife.

Nine months after, the queen fell ill and knew her time was up but she did not rest until she saw her precious son in her arms. Minutes after the prince was born, her soul faded from her eyes and the king fell into sorrow. In his grief, the kingdom was torned into ruins and his child was his only reason to breathe. Under the care of the king's subjects, the prince grew up as compassionate and kind as his mother and strong and handsome like his father. Upon seeing the maturity and radiance of the prince before his eyes, the king's grief was long forgotten. Little did they know, their sorrows were only beginning.

As part of the witch's curse, the prince fell into a deep slumber destined to never awaken. Filled with horrible nightmares and solitude was his sleep that it was close to the torments of hell. The kingdom fell once more as the king was lost in his own mind as the prince was lost in his body, without the need of a curse. His insanity was due to the conditions of his beloved son. Deep in the forbidden forest, a powerful witch is laughing and grinning with the victory she longed for.

The king, in his denial, kept his prince's suspended body in a golden coffin. With decorums so grand it would be a perfect fit for a pharoah. Little did he know that his son was not dead but simply trapped in his own mind, alas, in suspended animation.

In his sorrow-driven state, the witch was able to transfer her malicious essence inside the king's soulless shell and she took rule over the kingdom. With a chanting of a spell she was able to find the prince's casket. Thoughts stringing in her head, she casted an awakening spell on the prince who was now destined to rise after 3 millenia, not for the prince's well being but for her own selfish agendas. To make things a tad more complex, she made an elixir of life that grants unconditional immortality, binding it on the prince's slumbering body, assuring that the prince could never escape his curse, even by death.

Years have passed and the witch's rule was an iron grip. Full of bravado was her reign that everyone feared her. Deep in the basement, the young prince slumbers with a peaceful face. Unfortunately, what can be seen as 'peaceful' isn't what it always wish to conveys.

Centuries after centuries, the prince would suffer in his sleep as his kingdom would rise and fall and his subjects perished and his riches buried and spent. The memory of the king's son would eventually be faded as the generations of grandchildren to grandchildren would emerge.

----------------------

P.s i do not own any of the images of this chapter and other images in the following chapters. They were screen shots from google images. ;) sorry for the inconvenience.

An official page of the book was made in facebook by yours truly. Check it out! It's filled with facts and trivias that may or may not have been divulged in the story! Here's the link to the page, like and follow! https://m.facebook.com/3-Thousand-Years-Good-Night-1733321113609909/