chapter 42: She's coming

The white room of Angeal's quarters was filled with a boyish encantation. Mel lays at the cold white floor, surrounded by symbols engraved in salt.

"She's fighting me." Groaned Angeal, pausing his rhythm. "Her power is stronger than ever."

Mel did not respond, she was in a trance like state. Her mouth was gaping open and her eyes were dramatically upwards.

"Even with my divine weapon, i can not break her connective magic." Angeal continued. "Vous encante, vienna connectos severitei."

Angeal inhaled deeply, his face showed the countenance of a soldier who was denounced of his honor.

"Damn you, Vienna." Said Angeal.

Suddenly, something alarmed Angeal. He frowned and he started to glare at his surroundings when he finally concluded, someone is here. "It must be Adrian." Angeal nodded to himself, yet, something in his expression reveals a tight tension and an unnerving thought.

He finally released the spell he casted on Mel. She panted heavily.

"Is it done?" Mel asked, hoping for the best.

"I can't break her magic. I'm sorry." Angeal lowered his head, disappointed at his own results.

"Angeal." Mel's brows frowned. "I can sense a disturbed form of magic in here." Mel grew weary and Angeal's face showed calmness.

"It's probably Adrian." He shrugged.

"No, Angeal." Mel shook her head. "I can sense auras! And this one, it's not him. It's more insideous."

Angeal tilted his head, all forms of calmness drained from him. Instantly, he snapped his fingers and he disappeared from the white room, leaving Mel behind. Into the dome he went.

The moment he remigrated at the room full of silver doors, he was astounded when he saw her.

"Aren't you a little early?" Asked Angeal, arching a brow

The girl standing before him, yards away, had long flowing red hair. Freckled. Tall. High cheek boned.

Angeal furrowed his brows as he saw the red head unmoved, she was just steadily standing there, staring at Angeal in the eyes like a bird about to devour its victim.

"Grizelda." Angeal called out. "It's 5:10 in the morning, i pressumed Adrian and the others would come at 5:30."

Angeal walked cautiously towards Grizelda. Trying to reason out with her. She was present when Angeal pressurized her along with the entire coven. Is she having a grudge? She should have thought better than to challenge Angeal. Or is she herself?

Angeal halted his advance when Grizelda started to do something frightening. They were the only ones in the dome when she started humming. Singing the same hymn as the crows that are outside.

Angeal smiled. "Vienna, i assume." Angeal licked his lips, rage fueling inside his boyish body. "You dare challenge me in my place of power." Angeal jerked his head, trying to intimidate Grizelda but she just kept her blank countenance and stared at Angeal as she continued her lullaby.

"You hypocritical b*itch witch." Said Angeal clenching his jaw. "Using another witch for your own purpose."

Grizelda stopped her lullaby as she beared a threatening and peculiar grin. "I have a message for you." She said.

"Speak." Said Angeal. "And let's get over it."

"She will come at nightfall, sunday. She feels generous enough to give you all a week to say your good byes until she gets what's rightfully hers. If you defy her, she will bear all of her powers against you as she comes after her immortal. She shall conjure flames into your flesh and make you feel the powers of a goddess, it's best to submit. In the mean time, in this following days, she would send you six plagues as a token of friendship. Enjoy." Grizelda ended her speech and before Angeal could react, Grizelda vomitted coughs of blood, staining the white floor of the dome. She repeatedly coughed blood around the walls and tapestries. It was as if, her blood has a mind of its own; spreading all over the place
Like magic.

Afterwards, she recomposed herself, still bearing a blank expression. Chin dripping with dark red blood, she sang a different lullaby.

"One, two... she has come for you...

Three, four.... nothing's what they seem...

Five, six.. she will burn us all...

Seven, eight... need not see her face...

Nine, ten... she shall be your end."

And before Angeal could subdue her, Grizelda twisted her own neck in 280 degrees, snapping the life out of her breath. Having declared the message Vienna wanted her to say, she landed on the blood stained floor, dead. Vienna was finished using her.

Seconds later, Adrian and the rest came in from the silver doors. Anger, shock and fear were the primary feelings they conjured up.

"What is the meaning of this, Angeal?" Said Adrian. "You killed one of our own?"

"Adrian, it was Vienna." Explained Angeal. "She's making her move."

Miku strided in the air, hands in her mouth as she saw the corpse on the floor. "Whoa, whoa, whoa.. it's that crazy vineinei witch, isn't it?" Miku's words conveyed optimism but her face showed what she really felt; fear and disgust. "O-M-G" Miku finished.

"Prepare the weapons, prepare yourselves, we have a witch to kill!!!" Announced Adrian and everyone applauded!

Suddenly, a noisy hawking sound was heard, silencing everyone. Standing at one of the humanoid statues of the room was a glaring black crow. As if knowing everyone was paying attention to it like audiences in a theatrical show, It began its lullaby, the same hymn that Grizelda sang.

Adrian smiled at it challengingly. He pointed at the black bird. "In my whole life," said Adrian. "I have learned that you have to let something's die so that others may live." As he finished his sentence he hexed the singing canary to burst in a flurry of black feathers, and burst it did.

"The wicked witch is coming! Prepare to give up your lives for the greater good!" Shouted Adrian. "A war is at hand, and we shall fight until we are dead, Vienna shall not come out of this alive. For three thousand years, she possessed, killed and manipulated countless of people... it's time for her reign to end!!"

And everyone cheered at the supreme witch's declaration.

A war was coming and they were blood lusted, unknowingly, Vienna was also making plans of her own.
________

Btw.. this might be the last chapter ill be publishing this week... college and stuffs. I wish for your patience.. thank you...

And the qoute "you have to let something's die so that others may live" i got that from the show "the originals" from a character named Freya.. i seriously love that show..  hahaha!

Also, book 2 will be titled 3 thousand years of chaos... and it will feature an end of the world... and a time jump. What do you think of that?

Sincerely,
The author.