chapter 4: torments

"Theon, never have i been more spiteful of the abomination who took my wife away from me. Your OWN mother. How could you have the AUDACITY to do such an act?" Said the king in anger.

The king's accusations filling the majestic halls of the kingdom. The walls were engraved with gems and gold and precious stones. The colossal windows all covered with purple linen curtains. The throne on where the king is sitted, is ornamented with rubies and sapphires and the rest is manufactured with either gold or silver. As shiny as you may think of the kingdom, something is awfully off about it that gives it's brilliancy a dullness to it.

Just three yards before the king's throne is Prince Theon, kneeling before him, with metal chains tightly tied around his neck, wrists and ankles.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm genuinely apologetic with my behaviour regarding the queen. But... i was just an infant then..." said the prince with a glimmer of tears in his eyes.

"That's just it!!! You NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN, BOY!!!" shouted the king. "You are a plague, a curse, and an abomination to this kingdom and anywhere else!!!"

Prince Theon could no longer hold back his tears and it finally came out like rain drops.

"Take him to the dungeon!!!!"

Suddenly an unseen force was pulling the chains that was tied around Theon's ankles. So strong was the force that the prince fell face first on the red carpet of the hall. Being merciless, the unseen force continued to pull even harder, dragging theon away from the king.

The king gave a wicked smile to Prince Theon. "You deserve to be punished." He said coldly. The king's face was distorted and his features were changing, his wicked smile retaining. His blonde hair slowly turning gray and his pointy nose is slowly pointing more downwards. His saphire blue eyes were turning pitch black. The prince was in shock. Just before the unseen force led him away from the hall, he heard a feminine laughter with a presence of evil and hatred.

Darkness covered his eyes. Everything was dark. He tried to scream, he tried to move but everything was empty in this dark void. He felt as if hours came by, then days, then weeks and then months and Prince Theon was still stuck on this unfathomable darkness. He felt as if he would lose his mind in this state of solitude. He wished that something would break him out of this dull world. But... hopelessness filled him. It was more unbearable than the solitude... the hopelessness.

Suddenly, amidst the darkness there cameforth the queen. His mother.

She hugged him and Theon, upon that hug, realized it was his mother. He hugged back. Still unable to say a word, he couldn't say sorry or i love you, this gave him a moment of depression. A whisper caught his ear. He realized it came from the person hugging him.
"You killed me, son." suddenly, that statement gave a piercing pain in his being.

He tried to let go of her but he could not move. He was bound to her as she was bound to him. Their arms still locked in a hug, the queen continued. "for nine months i carried you, nine months of hell." She said sadly.

"Mother." Said Theon but no words came out. He wasn't allowed to speak.

"Then the day came when you took the life of your mother who wanted to care for you. You.. murdered.. me... son." Said the queen with no emotion.

Theon's eyes watered with tears. Unable to move, talk nor scream. It was all he could do. His mother stroked her son's blonde hair and said "i hate you. You're a monster and you deserve to be punished." Just like that she vanished in thin air, as if she was never there. Theon was filled with emotions which were amalgamated with self loathing, despair and intense hopelessness. He allowed himself to be drifted along the cold divouring darkness.

The next time Theon opened his eyes, the sceneries changed once again. This time he felt real pain. Physical pain.
He was tightly tied on a stake with several people watching, his subjects along with the king and queen were present. The audience was in a praticularly good mood. As if they are watching a notorious criminal die finally.

A lighted torch was handed to the king and the king stepped towards the stake and said. "you deserve to be punished." And everyone said in unison "you deserve to be punished!" The king lowered the torch to the fueled woods underneath the stake. And to Theon's horror, he was on fire. The pain was so excruciating, he felt time has slowed down in an extreme rate. His scream was heard 90 meters away and to his dismay everyone who was watching was cheering and laughing at his execution. His mother and father were smiling at his burning flesh. All the while he hears "may the monster burn in hell, forever and ever!" And "finally that abomination is gone, forever, i hope." The flames charred his skin and gave immense pain. He screamed and screamed until his throat broke down.

All of a sudden his pain was gone. He couldn't believe it. He opened his eyes and saw the world for the first time after three thousand years. Was he still in his cursed nightmare? No, he could feel the physical plane and after millenia of living in his nightmares, he knew he has finally awakened at last.