chapter 79: Prepare For Wreckage

Everyone was in a state of pandemonium, none felt this greater than Adrian. He barked orders, approached his other allies with words of wisdom and encouragement, requested all witches under the age of 18 to evacuate after bestowing them with extra protections and finally, after all of his duties as supreme witch were accomplished, he went straight to the large white door suspended in the middle of the dome. Angeal, his presence was needed now more than ever. It was a clever tactic in Vienna's part; Angeal was the only witch in this generation that could possibly rival her power. But, everyone knows that Vienna's current accumulation of power would put even the mighty Angeal to shame.

Theon watched Adrian enter his uncle's room and decided to follow along, leaving Mel and Arlene to fend for themselves in the middle of the chaos. Witches from all corners brandished their wands, waving them in the air, pointing them at dummies, and conjuring destructive spells for practice. It was a last minute, desperate attempt to be in tune with their respective magic. Arlene was the only decent witch who dragged Marcus' surprisingly light-weighted body into a corner. Miku, always hovering from the air approached Arlene, seeing her as the least brutal individual in the room of powerhouses.

Mel walked through the crowd carefully, aiming to comfort James whose condition would not be better with all these rackus.

On her way, a blue jet of lightning almost tore her face into ribbons if she did not erect a barrier spell just in time. She extended the protective veil to shield as many people as she can cater.

"James. I'm sorry for your lost. We all grieve Jaime's demise but we must know the contents of the prophecy. What will happen in tomorrow's war?" Mel asked frantically and loudly in order to compensate the even louder commotion.

"My grandfather's visions aren't absolute. It can change over time. From what i saw, the war would end in Vienna's favour. Theon will be captured. How this happened, i do not know. You see, grandfather had no time to share the complete prophecy to me." Said James with tears in his eyes. His body was shaking less severely than before, yet the anger and sorrow was still obviously present in the ambiance he is producing.

Elsewhere, Adrian procured Elizabeth's golden book from one of Angeal's white tables inside his white room. He stared at the dagger resting next to the book his holding and his eyes were filled with deep longing.

"What are you doing?" Said a boyish voice behind him.

Without needing to turn, he knew it was Theon. "I intend to ressurect Angeal tonight, and i need the spell from this book."

Theon was silent but a rush of determination flaunted itself within his chest.

Adrian proceeded with opening the seemingly blank golden pages of the book. With a wave of his hand, golden spectres of dust emerged from one of the pages and magically submerged into the supreme witch's palm, providing him with the knowledge he needed.

"Salt, pepper, dragon's scale, salazar roots, flesh and blood." Adrian murmurred. At once, Theon understood what the words of the witch meant. Those were the ingredients for the revival spell.

"I shall retrieve the enchanted items immediately." Said Theon.

"No." Adrian boasted his commanding presence. "You are the treasure that that bastard crone desires the most. You would be a walking target the moment you leave the walls of this dome."

"Anything for uncle dearest-"

"I shall have my men procure the items we need. And, in all honesty, i would greatly relish in your destruction just so i may destroy Vienna's medallion, but for now, i doubt anyone has the capacity of stopping your heart. So, in the meantime, you have to be armored with as much protective spells as possible." Adrian declared, divulging his knowledge which he acquired from Marcus earlier. With an even faster celerity than that of a vampire, Adrian stormed out of the room to bark more orders to his witches in the other side, leaving Theon with four coffins, two of which were occupied with people he loves and one that he despises.

In the least most violent portion of the room, Miku and Arlene sat attentively as they watch the other witches blurt out their spells to master their skill in murder. Marcus laid quietly on the white cold floor, resting in between the two girls.

"I can feel the power from each of them, they're amazing!" Smiled Miku.

Atleast, she finds enthusiasm in the midst of chaos, Arlene thought. "Yes, same here. They are freakishly amazing." With that said, a gray-ish blue light crackled at the impenetrable barrier surrounding them.

"Whoaaa, this is a spell from Mel, right? Your grammy is amazing too!" Miku said, baffled by the spell that almost toasted her.

Arlene smiled proudly, unfaltered by the attack. "Yes, she is."

"And she seems sweet, yes?" Miku grinned as well. "Even though, she was Vienna's side kick years ago."

Arlene's smug diminished. Clenching her jaw.

Miku noticed her shift in countenance and apologized immediately. "I meant no disrespect! Oh, my.. forgive me!" She said comically but sincerely nonetheless.

"My grandma did not share anything with me about her time in Vienna's captivity." Arlene shrugged, trying to consider Miku's curiosity. "I, myself, am curious on what happened between them."

A miniature, faint voice echoed in the girls' ears. "Well, I'm not"

Miku shrieked a high pitch scream on par with the screams of the soldier witches around them. Arlene's head turned towards the source of the sound in a much less intense way. It was coming from Marcus.

The ancient vampire sat up and stretched his arms and crackled his neck bones. "Oooh, that hurts."

"You're up, mister blood sucker." Said miku innocently, like a child.

"Shut up!" He shouted.

"Rude." Disclaimed Miku. Marcus ignored her and focused his attention at the chaos before him.

"What the bloody hell is this? Is Vienna here already? What i fucking missed?" Said Marcus, almost falling prey to his own hysteria.

"No, the witch will go here by tomorrow night." Arlene clarified.

Marcus extended his hands at the commotion, promptly gesturing a question. Then what is this?

"Everyone is in a state of panic. They want to hone their skills before the fight." Arlene explained.

"Over night?" Marcus laughed. "Fools."

"Marcus." Arlene's voice was serious and inquisitive. "Do you know what happened between Vienna and my grandma?"

"Of course." Nodded Marcus, still regaling at the idiocy before him.

Arlene looks at Miku. He has the answer.

Miku licked her lips in curiosity as she joyfully blurted- "tell us."

Marcus gave each of the girls a look of disdain and grimaced. "I just woke up from my not-so-comfy sleep and now you want me to explain Vienna's romantic interest with Flammel."