chapter 28: the floating lady

Arlene and Theon followed Mel with an unbroken single file line. The tunnel-like passage was dim, cold and narrow. The walls were dark green in color. They felt a powerful aura within the walls they have passed, it was a soft pleasant feeling of protection. It was as if there were forces out there that were meant to provide them with safeguards.

"How many years did this place stand?" Asked Arlene, eyeing the walls she was passing.

"Ever since Vienna destroyed an entire village." Answered Mel from the front. "It was in time, her cruelty was considered intolerable. That was a thousand years ago, this place was created by witches from long ago, in an attempt to hide from Vienna and her creations."

"Creations?" Asked Theon, furrowing his brows.

"You didn't really think, you were the only one." Wisphered Mel, mysteriously. "She was obssessed with experimenting on necromancy and immortality, with disastrous results."

Their voices were echoing in the narrow, life-less tunnel-like halls.

"But, she said immortality can not be replicated." Theon frowned, confused. He stared at Mel's back expecting an answer as the three of them walked through the tunnel.

"She was pertaining to your flawless version of immortality which can never be replicated." Answered Mel. "You were her most perfect design, the perfect immortal, invulnerable to any weapon." Mel sighed. "Theon, you were the first immortal she created and nature would never allow such an abomination to exist again, so, the essential ingredients to replicate the immortality spell were revoked by nature, assuring that you have no one else alike. But that wasn't enough excuse to prevent her from defying nature."

"I assume, that didn't stop her from creating more of me." Asked Theon. "After all, nature's prowess seems powerless against her."

"Indeed." Exhaled Mel. "Two hundred years after your... predicament... she wanted to create an army of immortals to further her power and so, she hoped that your blood could compensate for the ingredients, so she took a vile of your blood as you slept and created monsters."

Arlene shivered as she heard the revelation.

Theon nodded, knowing Vienna's insatiable habit for craving power. Her resolution was expected.

"Did she succeed?" Asked Arlene. "In making monsters?"

"Yes, she did." Answered Mel. "Vampires and werewolves are amongst her creations. She was able to create pseudo-immortal creatures, filled with bloodlust, luckily, other witches sought out these creatures and hunted them down to near extinction."

"Vampires!!! Werewolves!!!" Arlene screamed. "Is every mythological creature real in this world?"

Mel halted her advance, the other two stopped as well.

"We're here." Said Mel, staring at the silvery door before her.

"what's inside?" Asked Arlene.

"The coven." Answered Mel. "The people who will help us destroy Vienna once and for all."

Arlene and Theon felt incredible powers emanating from the entrance before them. Mel touched the door with her left hand and wisphered an encantation. They heard an echoing click and the door swings open from the inside. They felt a surge of wind as the majestic room presented itself to them.

The place was a round-dome like palace. The room was adorned with blood red curtains of considerable sizes. Numerous columns surrounded the place, marble walls support every corners of the room.
The place was gigantic and every walls have silver doors on them, concluding that, there are other multiple passages probably, from around the globe. But Arlene's eyes were fixated on the middle part of the place, there was a huge white door with no knobs on it.

Surprisingly, there was only one person inside the palace and she seems to be sleeping in midair. Arlene expected a huge group of witches but she sees only one creature floating on top of the dome's ceiling.

Mel walked in gracefully towards her. Arlene and Theon cautiously followed the old woman, their steps were echoing throughout the room, giving it an air of solace, not enough to wake their levitating companion though. As they got closer, the sleeping lady's snores were getting louder. Arlene thought she was as old as Axel. Eventually, Mel got close enough and called unto her.

"Miku!" Shouted Mel. "Miku!" Shouted Mel again, trying to wake the petite girl floating in the air.

Miku yawned loudly, covering her mouth. "Who's calling?" Said she, without looking down. She then placed her hand behind her head and yawned again. She closed her eyes slowly in an attempt to go back to sleep and ignore the commotion.

Mel shook her head and shouted one more time "Miku!!". Arlene and Theon watched the floating girl with awe. How was she doing it? Thought Arlene.

Mel sighed and pointed two fingers towards Miku and flickered them downwards, suddenly Miku's scream was heard around the room as she fell forcibly towards the ground.

Arlene and Theon grimaced and covered their eyes at the horror of someone falling. They expected a hard thump of which didn't come. When they opened their eyes again, expecting a crushed body of a girl, they saw a beautiful, pixie like lady floating two feet from the ground, with her thin hands on her waists.

Arlene admired the short purple hair of the girl floating before her, it suits her perfectly, she thought. She was curvy, petite and her eyes were bigger and not proportional with her slim face. Her rosy cheeks were plump and soft, her lips were strawberry colored and her violet lashes were long, and her eyebrows were styled and arched. Most notable aspect about her was her glittering dress. A fairy was what Arlene thought she was.

"Heeeeeey!" Miku chimed her words. "Wazzup?!"

"I have brought two guests with me," said Mel. "Call the others."

"Really? Guests? Where? Oh there!" Miku looked at Arlene, smiled widely and gave her a triple wink. Arlene, however, was too flabbergasted to respond. When Miku eyed Theon, her expression went blank, it eventually became serious and the whole place was embraced by silence. Theon tried to look at Mel for advices but he saw that she was confused at Miku's sudden sober expression.

Theon decided to wave her hello but Miku interrupted him with a high picthed scream.

"O-M-G!!" screamed Miku, hands waving maniacally. "YOU. ARE. SO. CUTE!!!" She immediately floated towards Theon and pinched his cheeks. Arlene was in shock, Mel bit her lips impatiently, trying to call Miku's attention but it was useless. Miku was literally cuddling Theon.