chapter 88: Kneel

Jets of varied colored beams were erupting everywhere from different wands from every corner of the dome.

Adrian was able to overload the werewolf he was facing earlier only to be intercepted by 7 vampires and one witch.

Marcus, along with Diana, had massacred the most number of wolves and vampires alike.

Renz was able to slaughter most of the witches of the opposing army.

Rayna was flicking her light brown wand in the air, creating multiple pink beams that petrified mutiple enemies at once.

Mel walked through all the chaos around her. Her mind was set on only one person, and one person only. Her green eyes scutinized the place and despite the plethora of different faces, she saw who she was looking for. She witnessed the vile witch murder the last of fifteen mangled bodies scattered from the floor.

She fired her wand at a far distance from her target. The white lightning flew inches away from Vienna face, damaging a part of the white door she was trying to breach.

She retraced the attack and saw her undoing. Vienna's eyes grew large with fiery anger as she was incessantly disrupted by her former student.

Mel's eyes were locked on the dark witch but with a fraction of a second, she disappeared without a trace.

"ecspulsio!" shouted a voice behind her. Before Mel could react, she felt her hand weakened and her wand flying through the air. She was disarmed.

Mel reached for the pouch which is always readily attach to her waist. Grabbing a handful of salt, she took aim at Vienna who seemingly dessipitated feets away behind her seconds ago.

She fired her deadly white fury directly at Vienna's face. The latter, however, blocked it with her wand and fired her own curse, hitting Mel squarely on the chest like a huge bright canon ball.

The old witch fell on her knees as Vienna's paralysis spell took hold of her like a snake constricting its meal.

Almost like a theatrical show, Mel was positioned in the dead center of the dome and to make things a tad worse, the Devil was approaching her.

Mel, with her gift of aura identification, could feel-taste Vienna's cold and vile magic approaching her like a huge famished shark nearing its target.

Vienna was slowly, but surely, walking towards her former flame, in order to savour the awaited moment of teacher and student.

When the ancient witch was inches in front of the Green eyed woman, She sat callously on the floor, dismissing all the chaos around them.

Such was her power that she could carelessly take a break in the middle of the war without dreading imminent death.

Vienna pursed her lips and frowned her face. "Oh, Flammel, how did we end up like this?" She said, shaking her head in utter disappointment.

Mel could only glare at her face with her teary but furious eyes. At that very moment, she wanted nothing less than to claw through her face, break all her bones, gouge out her eyes and burn her. Even with her best effort, she could not prevail against Vienna's hex. She felt every muscle tightened as she tried to move to no avail. She had endured all kinds of curses and experienced all kinds of morphines, but nothing came close to the overwhelming annoyance of her current predicament. Her nemesis was inches away from her, but she could only listen and stare at the witch that ruined her life.

"If only you stayed where you belong, with me." said the dark sorceress. Vienna combed her former disciple's curly hair in a nearly passionate manner, silently infuriating the suspended witch. "I provided you everything- how ungrateful can you be?"