chapter 61: canvas of red ink

The ceiling of the room was brown and foreboding, designs of unusual figures imprinted upon its texture.

Then again, everything had become vile and corrupt in Theon's eyes. Every ounce of light that the world has to offer has vanquished into darkness. What is there to live for?

With another macabre thought, Theon reached for the one intrument he has befriended with. The blade of the knife of the first time he tried to take his life (36 times now currently), has assisted him countless times on the grief he feels. Staring at its bloody frame, the prince used the blade as a pen and drew one straight line across his wrist and a familiar red ink spewed out, but not for long. An invisible eraser seemingly neutralized his work of art. Erasing every bit of red mark he had placed in himself. If not for this "curse" of immortality, he would have been mistaken for a human canvas of red paint.

Arlene had tried to stop him in the pass couple of hours, but, unlike before, Theon's strength and his devouring morose allows his "will to die" to become more... overwhelming.

Everything around him made no sense, not that they ever did. The contraption in front of him, one they call a television means nothing, the peculiar circular machine providing cool air means nothing, the magnificent light source in the ceiling means nothing. Its light could not penetrate the darkness inside. So, it matters not.

Clutching his only silvery friend, Theon made another artistic red line across his neck. He felt the tinge of blood in his open wound which was immediately halted by the merciless eraser of immortality.

Theon despised his art work being erased contantly, he wanted to feel and welcome death more than ever. There was nothing to live for? Perhaps he is better of to negotiate with Vienna, give up his immortality to gain an ability to die.

Vienna has robbed him the most important thing for every person; the right to die. He was cursed to walk the earth forever, but Vienna wanted immortality for herself. He was just an experiment to test the elixir of eternity. He was the way to grant Vienna her desires without the consequences. Those who used the immortality spell would age significantly, that repercussion served as a detour for those who had the audacity to defy the balance of nature, the evil witch found a way around that. She didnt want to become an immortal old hag and so, she instead gave immortality to someone else and waited for centuries for the planetary allignment to use the immortality transferral spell. That daft bitch witch.

In the open window, Theon noticed the delightful young black crow. Its eyes full of joyous bravado, the little bird hawked its confidence, provoking Theon. With one sweep of his hand, a silvery after image occured between the canary and the prince. The silver knife, without a care in the world, obliterated the bird's upper body completely. The force of Theon's throwing prowess damaged the bird in its entirety, making it fall to the ground outside. The knife, now protruding from the bark of a tree, shoot passed it. A testament of Theon's strength.

"Do not provoke me, Vienna." Grunted the prince. "I give you my word, i will rip you apart."

The prince heard familiar footsteps approaching his room. Without a second thought, he knew it was them. They should really realize that they can not stop him from trying to make his body a human canvas of blood.

Theon shook his head at their obstinate efforts. Perhaps, they also want to be art themselves, Theon grimly thought.

"Come in." Announced Theon before Arlene could knock.

The door slowly swung open, revealing Theon's visitors.

"Theon," Arlene called out, taking her seat at the end of the bed where Theon lay. "How are you?" A stupid question, she thought.

Theom scoffed. "Dead but not dead."

Arlene bit her lips apologetically as Mel took her seat at the wooden chair in front of her grandaughter.

"I have something to discuss."
Mel's voiced was filled with vigor, a rather inapproriate tone for Theon.

"by your tone, it seems you have obliterated from your memory the demise of the one who saved you quite quickly." Chimed Theon, wearing his false smile.

Mel cleared her throat and gave Theon one of her 'looks'.

"Enough with the unnecessary facade, i believe you want the medallion." Theon declared, staring at Mel in the eyes.

"I do." Nodded Mel. "'We' do." She added.

Theon inhaled deeply, closing his eyes, contemplating the situation.

"You do not have the knowledge to destroy it." Reasoned Theon. "There is no reason for you to be entrusted with it."

"Actually there is." Barrated the old witch, with a smile on her face. "We found an oracle who bears the knowledge of many things. Surely, he has some.. suggestions on destroying this ancient artifact."

Theon was filled with trepidation and suspicion. He looked at Arlene for her opinion.

"It's one big step on beating that witch." Nodded Arlene. "Then, no one else will be victimized by her cruelty."

"Granted." Answered Theon after a moment of comprehension.

Mel smiled with his surprising compliance.

"But, in one condition." Theon sat up.

Mel left brow rose.

"I shall be your escort." Theon frowned as he said his next words, "furthermore, i shall bestow upon myself the honour of destroying this medallion, only I can destroy it."