chapter 52: Oreleous

"Why, welcome back nephew!" Smiled Angeal at the approaching trio. When Angeal's eyes positioned towards the new comer, he made a confused countenance.

"Worry not Angeal, that is only their friend, Axel." Reassured Mel.

Theon stopped midway. "On the contrary, madaam Mel, there is a lot to be dreaded about." He dropped the dark colored coffin on the pale white floor.

Arlene's face darkened, she knew what he meant, she knew what this was and worse of all, she knew she had to pretend earlier that the person besides her is genuinely her childhood friend. Painfully, she knows the truth that Axel has not returned to them and this creature next to her is but an imposter.

"Nice to see you again, gramma Mel." Smiled Axel.

Theon and Arlene were silent. Finally, Theon did the inevitable. With the speed of light, he reached for Axel's neck. With great ferocity he slammed the imposter on the white wall of the dome, creating massive cracks.

Everyone present were surprised by Theon's hasty and violent reaction saved for Arlene who knows precisely the reason for Theon's action.

When Axel stood up, he quickly reciprocated the violence and tried to escape with superhuman speed, almost like a blur but Theon was much faster. He was instantly blocking Axel's direction followed by a powerful choke slam. This time, Theon did not let go of his hold.

"Now, tell us who you are and where is Axel?" Said Theon, calmly.

Theon tightened his grip on fake Axel's throat.

"Did you honestly believe that we would fall for this kind of deception?" Theon frowned.

He loosened his grip on fake Axel, allowing him to speak limitedly.

"It must have been you, isn't it?" Said fake Axel, staring at Arlene. "You can see through illusions?!"

"What have you done to my friend?" Growled Arlene.

"I don't know." Replied Axel.

That bursted Theon's nerves, as a result, the ground beneath fake Axel's head began to give way due to the sheer pressure that Theon was applying.

To their surprise, fake Axel repelled Theon, causing the latter to crush and to stick to the wall like magnet.

"Warlock!" Shouted Angeal. As fake Axel stood up, he was eventually pulled to the ground again as Angeal incapacitated him with his magic.

Axel growled, "fools, im here to assist you!" His knees gave way to Angeal's intense gravitational pressure.

"By deceiving us?!" Shouted Theon, who was inconveniently still stuck on the wall by Axel's power.

"I know you wouldn't trust us, we need to look trustworthy." Replied Axel, who was trying to resist Angeal's hold with little success.

"Wow, and by disguising as our friend you succeeded in that aspect." Said Arlene sarcastically.

Axel growled louder, he has dropped into hands and knees by Angeal. "We want Vienna dead more than you do!" He shouted. "She has always been the target of the organization for hundreds of years!"

"If you want an alliance, let go of Theon first." Said Angeal calmly.

Axel abided, and Theon was freed from his restraints. He immediately dashed towards fake Axel with his vampiric speed, attempting to crush his skull but Angeal stopped him with magic in just the nick of time.

"Patience is a virtue, nephew." Angeal looked at the prince who was fueling with frustration.

Arlene's legs shivered with the emotional stress that was enveloping in her chest and she involuntarily sat down on the cold white floor of the dome.

Mel approached Arlene who was completely emotionless throughout. She carressed her grandaughter passionately and wisphered.

"Do not fear, i am here." She brushed her dark brown hair and kissed her on the forehead.

"I know that that isn't Axel the first time i saw him. My gift allowed me to see through the illusion casted on him. I also knew that i needed to pretend that i was completely clueless, so that i can lure him here to extract informations." Said Arlene, emotionlessly, without blinking.

Mel sighed. "It's okay, we'll find him. We'll find him."

Miku also sat beside Arlene and held her hands compassionately. She too, knew how painful it was to look for someone who might be long gone.

"Ohta ivastinei aura repulcus refranus pillarius." Chanted Angeal, afterwhich, five pillars erected from the ground, encircling fake Axel. Each of the pillars had ancient carvings that were sophistically engraved on the top of each of them. Each of the pillars were at least 12 feet tall and 7 inched wide. A transparent barrier formed in the spaces between each pillars, trapping Axel inside. "With these pillars, he should not be able to utilize any magic at all."

Without needing to restrain Axel manually anymore, Angeal dispelled his gravitational pressure. The imposter panted heavily at his release but, of course, he wasn't completely "released" yet is he?

"Answer us precisely or these pillars will send electric currents into your system." Smiled Angeal.

Theon glared into Axel's eyes. The sheer fierceness of his stare made Axel look away, he focused on Angeal instead.

"Who are you?" Angeal made a polite gesture.

"Oreleous." Answered the fake Axel.

"And what are you, Oreleous?" Asked Angeal, politely again.

"A warlock." He replied.

"Hmph, exactly as i thought." Angeal sighed.

"Who sent you?" Asked Theon from behind. Unlike Angeal, the immortal's tone was filled with malice.

Without looking back to look at his interrogator, oreleous answered. "The organization."

Angeal's eyes widened with a hint of caution and... fear. Fake Axel seem to notice this as he taunted Angeal even more. "Yes, THE organization that is made up of different kinds of monsters, hybrids."

"...Organization excalibur." Wisphered Angeal. "I've heard of you." His brows furrowed and his politeness buried.

"Angeal, please elaborate." Said Theon.

"Excalibur is a secret society composed of warlocks and other dark entities with one purpose." Answered Angeal.

"And what could be that 'purpose'?" Theon started glaring at a smiling Oreleous.

"To revive the heartless Angel." Answered the warlock.