chapter 53: The Demon

"The Heartless Angel is but a myth!" Theon shook his head in disapproval. "A creature of legends meant to scare young children if ever they misbehave."

Oreleous chuckled evilly, finally locking his eyes to that of Theon. This time, it was Theon who felt the ferocity in fake Axel's eyes.

"He's very much real." He grinned widely.

Miku frowned for the first time. "Who the freakin' hell is he, anyway?"

"Ohhh," Oreleous sighed. "He goes by many names. Call him whatever you wish. Legends say, he is the devil himself, casted out from heaven." Fake Axel laughed again. "He is my God! He is OUR God!!" Oreleous broken laugh grew more sinister like someone possessed.

"We have much greater threats than your god in our hands." Said Angeal dimly. "Vienna is coming and we must--"

Oreleous laughed harder to hault Angeal's words. "HAHAHAHA!"

Suddenly, under Angeal's command, electric shockwaves emerged from the pillars, electrecuting fake Axel, who did not so much as ceased laughing maniacally. "Your torture is but a tickle to me!" Said Oreleous. "Lord Heartless Angel shall bring you all to the depth of hell and you shall savor the pain that is unparalled with this, hahaha!"

"I thought you were here to assist us?" Frowned Angeal in concentration, stopping the futile torture that didn't affect Oreleous even a wee bit.

"I am!!" Smiled Oreleous. "we are only here to take back what was rightfully belonging to my Lord."

Theon clenched his fist. This guy was losing some cranial capacity it seemed. Seeing him in Axel's form was pathetic.

"Vienna's magic, it belongs to my master!" He shouted. "All magic belongs to him!"

Angeal tried electrecuting Oreleous once more in an attempt to calm his prisoner to no avail.

Finally, all of a sudden, Oreleous stopped laughing and stared at Angeal dead in the eyes.

"I'm tired of seeing you in that face, show us who you really are." Said Angeal with a stern expression.

"Who I am is irrelevant, what is important is Vienna's utter destruction." Said fake Axel.

His personality shifted along with his tone, thought Arlene quietly.

"Now, let me go and let us discuss things." Smiled Oreleous. "That casket over there," he pointed at the coffin that was ignored throughout the ordeal. "Lies your final divine weapon, crucial for that witch's demise, correct?"

"How did you acquire it? It was supposedly, within Vienna's safe keeping?" Angeal wondered with great curiosity.

"It never was within her safe keeping." Explained fake Axel, staring at Angeal unblingkingly. "It was within our possession the moment she casted her first body transferral spell. One of our members, Mia, managed to make a perfect copy, deceiving that witch in the bitter part of 30 centuries."

"Mia?" Theon wisphered. "The girl from earlier?"

"Yes, the member gifted with illusions." Fake Axel declared. "Although it seems, you have aresenals that could rival her gift." Oreleous looked at Arlene who was still pretty much broken until now.

"Alright. Oreleous, im setting you free." Said Angeal calmly, much to everyone's dismay. "His organization posed enough reasons to fight for our cause; they also desire Vienna's defeat, even more than we do. The enemy of my enemy is our friend." Explained Angeal, dispelling the five pillars. "Do as you wish."

Oreleous smiled, "wise choice."

The moment Oreleous turned his back on both Angeal and Theon. The young looking witch, quickly activated his sister's dormant energy and slammed it in full force on fake Axel's back, separating the warlock's heart from his chest. The dark red heart flew through the air and landed in the farthest corner of the dome, killing Oreleous instantly.

Everyone was silent at Angeal's first on stage kill. Minutes of quietness filled the dome. Everyone was horrified. Angeal was as hasty as Theon was, like uncle like nephew.

"It seems, my skill of deception hasn't wavered in all these centuries." Angeal smiled.

Miku was the first to speak. "O-M-G, now that was cool!"

Eventually, Oreleous' "Axel face" faded into his true form. Even his clothes morphed into a dark cloak similar to Mia's. It seems, the illusion immediately dispelled the moment Oreleous took his last breath, it revealed what he really was. A pale white man, with wide dead pale green eyes, a balding head, a pierced nose and peirced elf like ears. His most disturbing feature was his protruding horn like appendage in the upper left part of his forehead, reaching at least 2 inches in length. It was like a bone coming out from his skull.

Miku moaned, "ugh, he's disgusting! I like his other face better!"

"He really is a warlock." Sighed Angeal.

"Huh?" Frowned Miku, glaring at Oreleous' corpse grotesquely.

"Half vampire, half witch, an abomination of nature. Normally, his kind is very rare." Angeal explained. "More than one occassion, a witch would die in transition into a vampire, humans are the sole creatures that have a sure way of a successful transformation. Only witches with extremely formidable gifts could be turned into a warlock."

"Gifts?" Miku's brows furrowed. "Like what?"

"Like yours, and Mel's and Arlene's." Angeal licked his lips. "Special gifts that is more potent in your being than any other." Angeal sighed. "And if you did, let's say, successfully transformed into a hybrid, all your magical capabilities would dwindle down excluding your gift which would be magnified in your transition. In short, a warlock possesses only one form of magic as a minimum but with complete access to the strength and durability of vampirism."

"Ahh, i see." Miku nodded, while everyone else listened.

"Now, we know for a fact that one of them has the power to create illusions, a warlock named Mia. It's best to exhibit caution." Declared Angeal. "Who knows what else the other members are capable of."

"We have more than Vienna to worry about, it seems." Announced the prince.

"It never ends, eh?" Miku rolled her eyes in frustration.

"But, right now, it's safe to say that they are more than likely after what we want; Vienna's demise." Continued Theon. "Plus, we finally have everything we need for the wicked witch's destruction, right there in the coffin."

"What if, it's an illusion?" Cried Mel.

"It isn't." Said Arlene. "I can see through illusions, and i know, it isn't."

Theon approached Angeal slowly. "Tell me more about this, 'Heartless Angel' that Oreleous was referring to?"

And as if on cue, Angeal's eyes darkened.