chapter 95: Vote

Angeal

"I'm planning to push through with Marcus' plan." I said. It was evident that i was hesitant in jeopardazing the life of my nephew as Marcus cocked a brow at me in disbelief. Was i really that palpable?

"Okie-dokie, little witch." Marcus shrugged, giving a playful look at Diana's direction as if my words were meant to be viewed in jest.

Arlene stared intently at me behind the transparent veil that seperates us. My pillar stood confidently tall and indestructible.

Adrian was behind me and even then, i could sense his disbelief. I, too, am doubting my own sincerity.

"I am aware of the unknown risks of the alternative plan, but it is the only way."

"So, you are willing to kill your nephew even for a brief moment?" Marcus' brows rose incredulously.

"Yes. If that is what it takes to destroy the medallion and Vienna. If we do not do this, Vienna will be the one to kill Theon... Permanently."

"Are we even certain that Theon's heart will restart after the spell?" Adrian questioned.

"Have you finally resolved yourself in investing your concern for my nephew?" I smiled teasingly, reminiscing the degree of antagonism Adrian and Theon have for one another before my untimely demise.

"Of course not." Adrian lied. I know exactly when he is truthful, and this is not the case. It makes my heart swell that these two people who i care most about are finally getting along well; in a dysfunctional way that is. Such a big happy family this will be.

"It is no secret that i care deeply for Prince Theon, he is after all my sister's long-lasting legacy. I will do everything in my power to keep him safe. But, alas, i see no other way."

"Angeal, you do realize that this spell we speak of requires two different tasks for two different goals." Marcus said flatly, finally believing my intentions to some degree.

"I am aware, Marcus. I am after all, my sister's brother."

"I presume you are also aware that the most crucial ingredient needed for this spell is missing." Marcus continued. "In order to bind Theon's heart to the heart-stopping spell, we need Theon himself."

"That would indeed cause such a conundrum if only we do no have Theon here with us."

"Yes, and?" Marcus said confused. Furrowing his brows. When my silence, spanning for 3 seconds, proved to be too long for Marcus to bear, he interjected another remark, much to my amusement. "Theon isn't here, so of course it will pose such a freakin' conundrum."

"Oh, he is here." i said arcanely. I always revere myself for having a knack of riling people up. "In fact, you should have felt him by now."

This time, even Arlene showed a bit of emotion, it is unknown if it was confusion or a ray of hope; her expressions have turned monotone and incapable of being read.

Marcus cocked his head at me, thinking I was mocking him for his idiocy. I was.

"He remains in here-" i said, pointing a finger at Marcus' chest.

I paused for a while, letting the revelation sink in to my audience. The sheer stupidity they were emitting was almost regaling enough for me to forget about the dire situation we are in. Unfortunately, the disposition of my nephew at the hands of some wicked harpy proves too much of an agonizing idea that deep inside, contrary to my calm demeanor, i was screaming with excessive ire to that ancient-nephew-stealing-bitch.

"If you recall- i have established a connection between Marcus and Theon." I looked at Arlene whose expression seems to be understanding. (Finally).

"The spell i used to bind Marcus' powers to that of Theon transcends the usual connective magic. It can not be broken by lesser forms of power and, it provides a strong connection between the two recipients."

Marcus nod his head solemnly. Adrian behind me, i can sense, was nodding in understanding as well. I really should lecture them in using their brains for once.

"So what do you need?" Marcus asked.

"First, your consent. Not just yours, but to all of you- i shall approach Miku too after this."

"What do you mean?" Adrian asked behind me.

"All of you have met and probably interacted with Theon prior to his capture; you have established a certain bond with him. This spell is very deadly, I, myself, am unaware of the ramifications behind it. Theon's life may be altered in some ways or another. I want to have the consent of his friends and acquaintances before i go through with the plan."

Both Marcus and Adrian went silent, contemplating my proposal.

"Do it." Arlene said callously.

I had to say, i expected a sort of resistance from her, after all, Theon was her friend. My heart sank at her immediate choice of risking Theon's life, but a part of me needed her blunt vote.

"As long as i remain out of harm's way." Marcus pursed his lips.

"Of course." I sighed. Deep inside, i wanted someone to vote "do not go through with it." I wanted at least one person to defend Theon's well-being, at least one kind soul.

"No." Adrian said. "It is too risky... And, Theon isn't a pig for slaughter."

My son's voice was simple and masculine yet, there was emotion there.

Adrian turned his back on us and walked away. "... But, do whatever you want." He said callously, waving a hand to dismiss his previous sentiments.

"I guess, It's settled." i concluded. "I just have to relay the majority of the vote to Miku."

"In the mean time, Marcus, i need a sample of your blood." I said, handing him a flask.

The vampire immediately bit his thumb. Suddenly, the flask was filled with his potent vampiric blood.

He returned the container to me and I sealed it carefully with a cork. "I shall strengthen the connection between you and him by means of this. And, since i promised for your safety, i will have to disconnect Theon from the rest of your body."

"Understood." Marcus shrugged. He knows that the connection between him and Theon would be extremely dangerous for him should Theon die. This way, only a portion of him- a flask full of his blood- would remain connected to the prince while the rest of his body is safely disconnected.
"Well, i wish us the best of luck, you can expect me and my compadrès to lend a hand whenever you are in need of help."

"Yes, this would be a good start in establishing an alliance between vampires and witches for future generations." I smiled warmly. To my surprise, Marcus smiled back- he didn't grin, nor smug, it was a sincere warm smile.

At least, something good did emerge because of the war. It makes my heart swell.