chapter 56: The Thing In Black Fur

Its mouth boasted numerous, sharp, jagged teeth; yellowish whites that can tear flesh and bone. Paired with its buldging neck and leg muscles, the creature gave a menacing and intimidating figure. Its paws are the size of a human head, each of its claws were 3 inches long, thick and sharp enough to tear cartilages and flesh of even the most resilient animal. Its head was thrice the size of its paws, its ears were standing upright and its snout was moist with sweat. Its fur was black as night, coarse and thick. Its most prideful feature was its immense size. It was twice as large and tall as an average horse. Standing as high as 8 feet, it was much, much, much bigger than Mel, Arlene, Theon, Angeal and Miku.

Everyone was frozen in shock. Arlene and Miku have seen nothing as intimidating as this creature before them. Both girls were shaking heavily as the beast watches them with its glowing eyes that sees everything. Mel own eyes were unblinking with hesitation, Theon seems to be calmest of the squad.

When the beast locked its eyes on Angeal. It stopped breathing for a while as it glared at its target. Afterall, it was sent by Vienna to eradicate the brother of her enemy but, something much more valuable caught the beast's attention; the medallion. As if on cue, the beast charged straightforward, heading for Angeal. And, it was fast; on par with Theon's speed.

Before anyone could react, the wolf was already being rivalled by Theon, who was the only one who could follow its speedy movements, reflexes and monstrous strength. They were pinning each other down, it was hard to decipher who had the upper hand due to the sheer speedy reflexes that the two were presenting.

After a few seconds, Theon was pinned down by the creature, its gigantic paws were crushing Theon's ribs as its jaws was trying to get a hold of the prince's neck. The immortal was tightly grabbing the creature's upper and lower jaw away from his head, but his ribs were already giving way with the beast's powerful strength. Saliva were dripping on Theon's face as the werewolf forces its mouth onto the immortal's face.

When the witches finally caught up with the two, Miku withdrew her wand and aimed it quickly at the beast.

"Vortem istriam!" She shouted. Her wand emitted a purple stream of lightning. The spell landed successfully on the black thing in fur but, the creature was unscathed. Visibly, its fur absorbed the lightning that Miku conjured, causing no harm or whatsover.

"What?!?! It should have been paralyze by now!" Miku shouted. "It didn't work!"

The werewolf's gigantic mouth was near Theon's face now but with a quick thought in Theon's part, he used his right foot to push the gigantic creature off of his body, causing it to hurl in the air. With his vampiric reflexes and immortal regeneration, The prince immediately stood by his feet again, with no visible injuries or predicament. Before the werewolf landed on the white floor, Theon rushed towards where it was and kicked the creature before it landed with the strongest force he could apply, slamming the werewolf on the wall of the dome.

The creature shook its head to loosen the accumulated dust caused by the shattering of the wall, but, no injuries were bestowed upon it. Within its second of hesitation, Mel took the opportunity to take some salt from her pouch and fired it onto the werewolf, again, it was unharmed by the spell. Again, it absorbed the deadly white lightning that Mel conjured.

"It's absorbs magic." Concluded Angeal. "It must be Diablo, the strongest wolf in existence."

"Diablo?" Panted Mel. "Vienna's first werewolf creation?"

"Indeed." Answered Angeal.

"She only lets that thing out only when she's desperate for assasination." Explained Mel. "Teleport us back to your room, it can't follow us there."