Chapter 46

*****Three and a half months later*****

Once again I'm back in the Erudite hospital giving birth for a fifth time, Flint and Daniel of course we're there but this time Flint isn't shadowing Daniel, Flint is our doctor. Peter watched the children--I haven't talked to him since our argument that one day and Eric doesn't know about it.

The baby came out healthy; a perfect blue eyed baby boy.

Eero.

When we brought him home two days after I gave birth and now next week the kids are thrilled to touch him and kiss him and love him, especially Eloise that called him, 'her baby.' Eli still shies away from Eric and I haven't told Eric about what Eli said to me about Eli being afraid of him, or that he fears the other dauntless kids and feels like he doesn't belong. I also didn't tell him about going into Candor that one day...It didn't matter; we made a plan to go sometime in the next two weeks.

Peter has been coming around a lot like old times to help me with the children, we exchanged glares and Eric looks fed up with us not talking.

"What the hell happened between you two?"

"Nothing," I spit out and give Peter a glare.

"You two are being ridiculous. Work this out. Now." Eric says firmly looking at both Peter and I.

"The only ridiculous one is her." Peter remarks.

"I'm not the one who likes to meddle," I cross my arms.

"You spill your life's guts to me! You're lonely and you're just dying for my opinion! Get some friends, and don't fuck them this time like with Uriah!" Peter scowls.

"You're the bitter one. I'm perfectly happy in my life, I thought you were my friend that I could tell things too--and I didn't fuck you," I look over to Eric to defend me.

"No, but you kissed me!" He yells.

Eric looks between Peter and I and wisely decides to leave the room.

"You're pathetic! I don't see you in months and I try to keep you updated and start a conversation and you play with my head about Eric not loving me, you're so insufferable!" I stomp my foot. "You know what I just gave birth a week ago, I don't need this and I don't need you."

"Lies. I'm the only one you have besides your children and Eric, but they're all off at school and he works, so who is here for you? Me. And I've been here for you, this entire time. Don't act like you don't need me. I'll really go."

"Of course I need you Peter, I just don't need you like how you always are! You always have something awful to say about me and always have some awful manipulation to play on me. Why can't you just for once be happy for me and not stick your nose in my love life and start to make me doubt myself--despite what you said about why I actually believe your mind games."

"I'm done." He crosses his arms. I take note of how his biceps are noticeably bigger from his training.

"Why?" I say in a low tone of voice. My eyes still fixated on his muscles.

"Because I'm not going to sit here and hearing you bitch at me. I don't have to subject myself to this."

"I'll stop," I say quietly. I didn't want to lose Peter despite all the shit he's said to me, "I don't want to lose you as a friend," I say too quietly.

"Me either." He sighs.

We head back into the living room where Eric was waiting for us to make up.

Phoenix walks up to Eric and tugs at his shirt. "I think we should tell them now."

Eric tilts his head. "Tell who, what?"