Chapter 80

*****ELENA'S POV******

After dragging Ean to the training I command him to run, he rolls his eyes. "Run, or you're factionless."

"You wouldn't--"

"I'm your instructor, Coulter. I'm not your mother and you will learn respect. You just made it two miles."

"But-"

"Three miles. NOW!" I scream and he begins to run. "Faster." I sit down as I watch Ean run lap after lap.

All I can picture is his clothes off and making out with Serena, all I can see is that was Eric and I. I can see that he lied to me because he didn't trust me or Eric enough to tell the truth. To want to tell us the truth.

After he runs 2 miles I tell him to stop and to come near me. "You won't lie to me again, am I understood?"

"This isn't Candor." Ean snarls.

"Want to run another two miles initiate? I don't care what faction this is, you will learn respect and discipline which you are so severely lacking."

"I guess you can blame my parents for that since they were the ones who taught me about cheating and sex tapes and lying to your children for years on end." Ean smiles.

The group of initiates walk into the training room. "Right on time. Everyone follow me!"

I grab Ean's arm as the initiates follow us to the chasm. "You're going to hang for five minutes, either you do the five minutes, or you give up and become factionless."

"Fine. Watch me." Ean hangs off the side and grabs the steel I'm standing on. "I hope you're the death of me." He spits.

"Six minutes," I say furiously.

"How about another minute for good measure?" Ean snarls.

"Ten minutes," I shout. The initiates behind me begin to protest.

"What the fuck are you two doing?" Eric walks in through the crowd.

"Ean!" Serena calls from behind Eric, her eyes get wide and she frowns as she walks close to the edge.

I dig my finger into Serena's chest. "Stay out of this," I look to Eric. "Both of you."

"No way in hell is he hanging for ten minutes. Hang for five if you have to, but ten is taking up too much time of the training." Eric whispers furiously to me.

"Then have Laren take them back, he earned those ten minutes," there's nothing but hatred in my eyes.

"Leave your personal problems at home, Coulters!" Eric shouts at Ean and I.

"This isn't personal sir, he disrespected me."

"Five minutes tops he's hanging. That goes for any of the initiates." Eric orders firmly, puffing his chest out.

"No," I say with gritted teeth.

"You're disrespecting me, the Dauntless leader, would you like to hang as well?" Eric says through gritted teeth.

My eyes narrow. "We're done here!" I shout not taking my eyes off Eric. "Go back to the training room. Someone help Coulter up." I continue challenging Eric's stare.

Serena helps up Ean along with an initiate or two.

Eric stares intensely back at me. "Watch yourself, Elena." He warns.

"I'm not Elena," I hold my stare. "I'm done here. I'm leaving."

"Then leave because you sure as hell are done here." Eric scowls.