Chapter 84

The next morning I wake up early with Eloise to hit the gym. She dresses in a tight black tank top and tight cropped leggings. She puts her medium length thick blonde hair into a ponytail. She looks beautiful.

I grab us both waters as we head to the Dauntless gym.

"Elena," I hear a voice from behind me. It's Liam in a muscle shirt and sweat dripping down his face and arms.

"Liam, it's good to see your training on your off days," I smile at him and he eyes Eloise. "Oh, this is my daughter, Eloise."

"Nice to meet you, Eloise." He smiles not-so-innocently at her and gives her a wink. He uses his arm to wipe sweat from his forehead.

I cross my arms and give him a warning glare. "I think your father said he'll be making rounds here; maybe we'll see him unexpectedly." I say on purpose. Everyone is scared of Eric--especially the initiates.

"So I'll catch up with you later then? I don't want to intrude on your family outing, teach."

"Trust me if this was a family outing there would be about ten more people with us," Eloise laughs. "What, um machine were you working on?"

"I was using the bench press. We could spot each other, if you want." Liam's tan shows as he smiles and his perfectly white teeth are revealed making his olive skin seem even tanner.

"Sure," Eloise doesn't give me enough time to say anything before she runs off with Liam.

I sigh and continue to do my own workout now that I lost my partner. I don't go too far from them as I keep a close eye. I watch as Liam slides his hand around her waist and my daughter blushes.

I watch the clock intently and realize two hours have passed.

"Time to go Eloise," I say to her.

She looks up at Liam. "I'll meet you back at home, I'm gonna workout with Liam for a while."

I look at Liam with a warning glare, he towers over both Eloise and I in height.

"I'll see you tomorrow, teach!" He waves to me.

"5:30 sharp," I say aggressively.

Back at home Eric is sitting with Ean at the kitchen table, they're on their lunch break. Serena sitting on our couch, I wave to her.

"How are my boys?" I kiss them both. Still sweaty and gross.

"Didn't you leave with Eloise?" Ean asks.

"Yeah, where is she at?" Eric raises an eyebrow.

"She wanted more time at the gym." I shrug my shoulders.

"That's my girl." Eric says proudly.

I head into the living room to check on Serena. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes!" She sits up. "Ean didn't even bother to ask me if I wanted anything from the cafeteria when he went." She throws him a dirty look.

"Ean!" I call to him. "Make your fiancé a sandwich!" I sit next to Serena and like gossiping school girls I say, "Eloise met a boy at the gym."

"Oh really? Anyone good? Was it that guy from her class she use to see?"

"I think she's done with Blair. It's Liam, you know the Erudite transfer."

"No." Serena gasps. "Go Eloise, he's cute and high ranking."

"I know! She said she wanted to stay longer just to work out with him. I think it's cute."