Chapter 91

Serena goes home to change out of her uniform and grab ready little Eric. I change out of my own uniform in the bedroom and I stare into the bathroom where I head to the sink, the birth control is no longer in the sink. Eric must've put it back into the medicine cabinet.

I walk out of the bedroom in casual clothes and start dinner. Eric is reading the newspaper at the kitchen table.

"Ean, Serena and the baby are coming for dinner tonight," I say to him.

"Good, we haven't had a family dinner in a while."

I nod my head. "Too bad Em can't come."

"We could always call him up. I just don't know what time he and Flint get off."

"He'll be coming up next week for the wedding, you think we should bother him?"

"He's probably doing important research or busy, this might be too last minute."

I smile at him slightly. "You're right. Maybe next time."

"We can plan something if you want to."

I turn my attention to the vegetables I'm cutting up. "Whatever is fine with me."

"Everyone will be together next week, after that we can plan something."

I nod my head. "Okay, I'll talk to Em about it at the wedding then."

He nods and flips his page of the newspaper.

Ean, Serena and the baby walk through the apartment door. Eero--being the only one home runs to greet them.

"Can I hold the baby!" Eero badgers.

"If you sit down you can." Ean points to the couch.

Eero is quick to the couch as he hold his hands out. Ean patiently hands the baby to Eero. Serena comes into the kitchen sitting next to big Eric.

The trio comes home talking amongst themselves until they see Ean and Serena and they all flock to them. Phoenix and Eli both show Ean their new tattoos and beg him to get one with them.

"No tattoos for me." Ean shakes his head.

Eric looks at him like he's a madman. "Why not?"

"They're not for me, dad."

Serena smiles at Ean.

"Plus, how would people know that my wife to be is a cougar if I looked older than her?" Ean winks at her.

Serena's face falls. "Not funny, Coulter."

"I'm with Ean on this," I reply from the kitchen.

Serena and Eric's heads both snap to look at me.

"You think I'm a cougar?" Serena says hurt.

"Of course you do, you're used to being a hypocrite." Eloise comments rolling her eyes.

I roll my eyes back at Eloise and turn to Serena. "No, I meant about getting a tattoo."

"You have a tattoo." Eric points out just as Eloise did.

"Yeah, but I got it when I was drunk." I shrug my shoulders.

"Tattoos are cool, mom!" Phoenix cheers.

Eli nods along. "It's true, just look at ours."

"Better than the one on my back." I respond.

"What do you mean by that? Do you want it removed?" Eric narrows his eyes at me.