Moody Arsehole

As I make my way downstairs, music fills my ears, making me smile. I forgot what a huge fan Kate is of the Rolling Stones.
"There's my future sister-in-law!" Liam announces, as I step off the last step. He's heading into the kitchen, so I follow him.
"Liam." I groan, throwing my head back, as I follow him. "Honest to God, I don't wanna step out there. Can I please go back up and just binge Gossip Girl?" Liam turns around and fakes mock horror. He marches over to me, and wounds his arm through mine.
"No, absolutely not! You're coming out with me," Liam states sternly. He pulls me alongside him, toward the backdoor.
"Liam, no." I try to dig my heels into the ground. However, my efforts are in vain. Liam pushes open the backdoor and steps out into the garden, pulling me behind him. I cringe mentally, as I take in the crowd of people who are gathered in Kate and Liam's background. Most of the A-listers are here - big names, that I've only heard of on the radio and seen on tv.
"Guys, this is Mus! Our one and only best friend," Liam announces to everyone. Half of the people turn and give me awkward smiles, and tiny waves, which I reciprocate. All I want to do right now is sink into the ground. I glance around the garden, until my eyes land on the person standing in partial darkness. Smoking a cigarette!
"Since when does Harry smoke?" The words are out of my mouth before I can reign them in.
"Since quite a long time," Liam answers nonchalantly. He shrugs his shoulders as if it's no big deal. I frown, furrowing my brows. The person I knew was dead beat against smoking and would discourage anyone who indulged in this poisonous feat. Then why is the same person enjoying that poisonous stick? Rain is hovering beside him, a champagne flute in hand, talking to a stick figure, who looks like she survives on boiled carrots.
"Come here, Mus!" Kate yells, beckoning me over. I oblige, and am soon by my best friend's side. She's surrounded by a bunch of women, whose heels are making me cringe. "Guys, this is my one and only best friend, Mus." Kate introduces me to all.
"Hey," I say. They all smile at me warmly and introduce themselves.
"Hey, you girls!" Rain screeches in my ear, making me take a hasty step toward Kate. I glare at her, but she doesn't seem to notice. "I was wondering where my squad was."
"Your squad?" Kate questions, narrowing her eyes in confusion. "Honey, we ain't your squad."
"Oh please! We're all girlfriends and that makes us a squad." God, Rain's enthusiasm is annoying as hell.
"I'll go and get a drink. Excuse me," I say. I turn around and head for the temporary bar that's been set up. I fish my phone out of the jumpsuit's pocket, and check my notifications, as I near the bar.
"One Diet Coke, please." I tell the bartender, hoisting myself onto a bar stool. He smiles and shuffles around the place, fixing up my drink.
"Whisky on the rocks." Harry tells the bartender, as he climbs onto the stool next to me. His eyes are glued to his phone screen once again, so he doesn't notice me.
"Here you go, Ma'am, your coke." The bartender says, placing my drink in front of me. Harry snorts and nods his chin in my direction, without removing his eyes from the screen.
"Who drinks a non-alcoholic drink at a party?" Harry murmurs, shaking his head in disbelief.
"I do," I retort. The minute I reply, Harry's jaw clenches.
"Hey babe, Austin wants to meet you." Rain says, coming over to Harry. I roll my eyes, as I take a sip. God, she's here again.
"Well, tell him he can wait." Harry snaps, switching off his phone and focusing his attention on her. He turns his stool toward her, and wounds his arms around her waist. He tugs her closer to him, so that she's standing in between his legs. I switch on my phone and focus on the ten unread emails that I should cater to. Rain releases a soft moan, making me want to throw up my lunch.
"Get a room, guys." I murmur, my eyes still trained on my phone's screen. Harry scoffs, making me believe he heard me.
"Babe, you mind getting me something to eat?" Harry asks Rain in a dismissive tone.
"Yeah, sure." Rain answers excitedly. I hear her heels clatter against the make shift floor, as she goes like a loyal pup, to bring her master some food.
"What's your problem?" Harry snaps. Oh shit, he sounds mad. Wonder who has to deal with the brunt of his anger. "I'm talking to you! Stop ignoring me." I look up from my phone to find Harry glaring at me, fumes practically emanating from his body.
"You're talking to me?" I question, pointing a finger at my chest. Harry clenches his jaw, arms folded across his chest. "My problem? No, don't think I have any." I cast my eyes northward, as if I'm contemplating the answer.
"Oh, sure. That's why you conveniently commented on Rain and I?" Harry cocks an eyebrow.
"You guys were practically having sex over here! Of course I had my thoughts about you two," I defend myself.
"Once a bitch, always a bitch." Harry spits, narrowing his eyes. I feel like a log has hit me in the chest.
"Excuse me?" I ask, getting off the stool and standing in front of Harry.
"You heard me." His tone is challenging, as he, too, gets up.
"Babe, here. I've brought you a couple of sausage rolls, and quesadillas." Rain chirps, coming toward us. Her eyes gaze over us both. "Is there a problem here?"
"Yeah, one with jealous exes." Harry answers, taking her arm in his. He guides her away from the bar, and toward the dance floor. She holds up the paper plate stacked high with food in front of Harry's face, which he shoves away.
"Not now," he grumbles. I roll my eyes, wondering how the fuck she deals with that moody arsehole?
"What's a pretty girl like you doing, sitting her all alone?" Niall asks me, hoisting himself onto the stool that Harry just vacated. I smile at my Irish friend.
"I thought Liam said you weren't coming." I say, leaning forwards and giving Niall a short hug. Niall's eyes are alight with energy as always, and his smile makes me want to find something to be happy about again.
"Yeah, but then I decided to honor you all with my company." Niall says, calling the bartender over. "Still not drinking alcohol, I see?" Niall's eyes sweep over my Coke.
"Nope, not one drop." I pop the 'p.' "So tell me about your new projects? Heard you're going to start investing in property."
"Yeah, great returns. That market can only rise and benefit a person," Niall's eyes sweep across the dance floor. "What about you? Heard you've become a best-seller nowadays."
"Yeah, I guess," I murmur. "I have finally got to do what I've always wanted. It's great, you know."
"Oh, I'm sure. It's like the time when our dreams came true, as One Direction, I mean." Niall's gaze turns dreamy, as he stares through the bar top, probably thinking about the time when their band was formed.
"Want to dance?" I ask him after a while, gesturing toward the dance floor with my chin.
"Sure." Niall's eyes light up at the thought, and he nods his head vigorously. Niall jumps off his stool and offers me his hand. I take it hastily and we stroll off toward the dance floor.