The Happy Days Return

Harry's POV
"Mus, we have to talk." I say, toying with the hem of my shirt. I don't meet Mus' gaze, but I know she's strolling across the room, folding scattered shirts, etc.

"About?" She inquires.

"Us." I sigh and count till ten before continuing. "I mean, now that we're a couple again." The thought makes me release an involuntary smile. "You can't continue living here and nor can I continue living in London, or L.A." I finally look up to find Mus propped against the dressing table, looking at me with her eyebrows furrowed. I bet she's thinking where this conversation is headed. "A long distance relationship, especially one with you, doesn't really appeal to me." Mus nods her head, her expression stoic. Fuck, I hate it when I can't read this woman. "So...how're we gonna plan this out?"

"Um...I don't know," Mus shrugs. "Hadn't really thought about it until now. What have you got in mind?"

"I don't really mean to enforce anything right now...its just that my entire life is focused around there. Not trying to say yours isn't based around here!" I add hastily. Mus doesn't pounce on me, so I think we're still on leveled grounds. "But...I mean, mum and Gemma and all are there too."

"So you basically want me to shift?" Mus asks, cocking an eyebrow at me. I moisten my lips nervously.

"Um...yeah?" I say it more as a question than a statement. I don't want Mus to think I'm enforcing this on her, or telling her this because I'm the man in this relationship. Especially, considering the relationship she has just gotten out of.

"It's debatable." Mus agrees, nodding her head to herself. "The publishing house I work with has a huge branch in London. In fact, it's their main branch. But then Tyler's here and the team..." Mus sighs, passing a hand over her face. "And Joshua. Harry, I'm not making any promises here, but let me see." A clownish grin plasters itself across my face.

"That means the world to me, love. Thank you for even considering it," I say earnestly. Mus smiles at me and makes her way over. She crawls onto the bed on her knees, and lays down next to me on her stomach. Mus takes my left hand in hers and begins to toy with the silver rings adorning my fingers.

"Harry, I hope you know that I want to be with you much more than you probably wanna stick around with me." I open my mouth to protest, but Mus shushes me by placing her index finger over my lips. "So by making an effort to make us a better couple - to make us work - I'm only doing a favor on myself." I smile, even though her finger is still plastered to my lips and kiss it.

"Nah, I disagree." I grab her finger in my hand and kiss her knuckle this time. "I'm the one who would kill to spend even a night with you." I sit up and crawl over Mus, my front pressed to her back. She turns her head, trying to look at what I'm up to. "And now I do get that chance." Mus smiles and I can tell she's biting her inner mouth. I lean down further, and press my lips to her ear. "Wanna know what I've got planned?" I whisper, heat spreading through my body at the thought. My hands trail down her upper body, slowly lifting the hem of her shirt. Mus stops breathing for a second, making me smile. Lord, I love the effect I have on her.

"Harry," Mus whispers. I keep my touch feather light, as I move further up her body - towards her chest. "You're killing me."

"I've been waiting for this moment for years. Trust me when I say I'm more than impatient, love." I lift off Mus' body and flip her over gently. She closes her eyes as I lean forwards and trail her jaw with whispers of kisses. "I wanna savor you. All night."

"Who's stopping you?" Mus whispers, splaying her hand across my cheek. As my hands are about to make contact with the edge of her bra, a ding sounds off in the distance. Mus groans, her eyes still shut.

"Someone's at the door." Mus mumbles, clearly not wanting to get up. Neither do I. I continue worshiping her like she deserves. "That was the intercom." Mus lets out a soft moan, entangling her fingers in my hair.

"If you two are doing the dirty we're sorry to interrupt, but we've got pizza." Tyler's voice echoes throughout the room. Mus' eyes fly open, she seems to have woken up from a daze.

"Harry, get off!" Mus hisses, smacking my arm. I topple onto the side of the bed and groan, placing my arm over my face.

"Why the fuck are they here now?" I ask, cursing Tyler and whoever is with him. "We didn't even get to the good part."

"Better wear your clothes. I know where the key is and we're entering." Tyler's voice irritates the fuck outta me again. I don't like him anymore. Mus throws on a hoodie and makes her way out of the room. Groaning, I face plant myself onto the pillow. Suddenly, my phone rings, interrupting my despair. The screen displays Rain's name.

"Hi," I answer. Even though I'm in no mood to deal with Rain, I'd rather do this now than later.

"Hey, babe!" She squeals in my ear. "I've missed you, hon." I roll my eyes and internally kick myself in the gut for answering this call.

"Rain, don't do this. Please save yourself the embarrassment and just delete me from your contacts." I don't wanna insult her because that'll be wrong. After all, she was in the relationship - or whatever we had - wholeheartedly. I, however, just wasn't and I don't think I'll ever share what I have with Mus with anyone else.

"Aw, come on. Don't be like that, babe. You know you want me," her tone turns seductive towards the end. It doesn't have any effect on me.

"No," I reply bluntly. "Forget about me Rain."

"Harry, you're being a-"

"Hazza, come on downstairs!" Mus yells, making me kick my legs off the bed.

"Bye." I say hastily, cutting the call. "Coming!" I yell to Mus. I'm back to being the happiest I've ever been.