He's Back

Harry's POV

"So when's the wedding day?" Mum asks Mus, as I walk into the lounge with Champ asleep in my arms.

"I don't know," Mus laughs. "We'll have to postpone it for a greater length of time, so that Champ is at least 6 months old. I don't want him to throw up all over my gown." Mum and Bump laugh in unison.

"May I interrupt on this girl bonding session?" I ask, leaning my hip against the back of the sofa. Mus smiles and nods her head excitedly. However, mum just purses her lips and ignores me altogether. Ignoring my mum, just as she's doing to me, I take a seat beside Mus. She holds her arms out, eager to take Champ. I oblige, and the swap is made.

"Have you decided a name yet?" Mum asks, her eyes trained on Mus. I wrap my arm around my fiancee's shoulders, rubbing my hand along her forearm.

"Yeah, I want to call him Tobias." Bump says, beaming down at our child. Hmm...Tobias, I like it. She looks at me questioningly. "I know I haven't discussed this with you - "

"I like it." I interrupt, saving Mus the agony of explaining herself to me. "It's a great name." Mus smiles, clearly proud at herself.

"So Tobias it is?" Anne questions, her gaze trained on Mus. Bump nods her head.

"Yeah, I believe so." She gazes down at Champ. "Tobias," she whispers. My phone rings in my pocket, making me get up. Gemma's name is displayed across the screen.

"Hello, mate." I say, heading into my room.

"Harry," Gemma's tone is solemn. "I have something to tell you."

"Hey, you okay?" I ask, concerned. My brotherly instincts take over, and I want to be by my sister's side.

"I'm fine, but everything will not be fine." Gemma says, panic etching into her voice. "When I got home from work there was a note lying outside our door."

"A note?" I repeat, my gut instinct telling me that things are about to go downward from here on out. "From..."

"The blackmailer from before," Gemma replies. "H-He's back in our lives, Harry and I'm scared." I sit down on the bed, clenching my fist. Fuck!

"You don't need to be," I say. Lord, I hope my tone sounds resolute and not weak. "Gemma, listen to me very carefully and please for once in your life follow through with my instructions."

"Okay," Gemma agrees.

"I'm going to book you a ticket to London for tonight, and you need to pack. I also need you to bring the note along," I command. "You need to be the strong woman I know, and not grow weak. Especially not right now."

"Okay, I'll get packed." Gemma says, her voice cracks toward the end. Good God, she's crying.

"Gemma...I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Yeah." She ends the call. I chuck my phone onto the bed, placing my head in my hands.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I look up to find Mus making her way towards me. She takes a seat beside me, placing her hand over mine.

"The blackmailer...he's back," I say, shaking my head in disbelief. "Just as everything was going right." Mus doesn't say anything and I believe she's thinking exactly what's going through my mind; we cannot breakup again. It'll destroy both of us.

"We'll catch him this time." Mus says, though her voice carries zero faith in her own theory. "We'll brainstorm real hard."

"Yeah," I agree, even though she and I both don't believe a word of this conversation. "I won't give up on us time." Bump gives my hands a tight squeeze.