Perfect, Yet Imperfect

"Who's ready to have some fun?" Harry asks, entering the room. He wiggles his eyebrows at me, locking the door. I tuck my legs underneath me on the bed, leaning against the headboard.

"Um...Can we skip the fun for tonight?" I say, tugging down the hem of my shirt. "I'm kind of tired right now." Harry smiles understandingly, nodding.

"Of course," he says.

"Thanks," I mumble. Harry comes over to me and takes a seat beside me, on the bed. He takes my hand in his, and intertwines our fingers. Harry leans forward, his lips hovering millimeters from mine. I splay my palm across his cheek and envelop his warm, moist lips with mine.

"I've missed you," I mumble into the kiss. Harry responds immediately, a sense of urgency in his lips.

"Oh Lord, you don't know how much I've missed you." Harry says, pulling back. The next second, he's kissing me fervently once more. Harry's hands snake around my hips. I feel at ease, relishing his body next to mine. However, then his thumbs begin to slip past the protection of my shirt and make contact with my skin. I press my palms against his hands and push them off my body.

"What's wrong, Bump?" Harry asks, concerned. He cups my cheeks with his palms, and gazes into my eyes, searching for an answer.

"Um...nothing," I mumble. "I just...I told you I don't wanna have sex tonight." Harry smiles.

"I've known you for years and I keep telling you that whenever you lie to me, I can tell." Harry says, his thumb brushing against my cheekbone. "When'll you get that into your head?" He lets out a chuckle.

"I'm telling the truth." I say, trying - but I'm sure failing - to sound resolute. "Nothing's wrong." Harry raises his eyebrows, an amused smile adorning his lips.

"It's cute how you think you can get away with your lies." I get off the bed, and make my way towards the window.

"I'm embarrassed," I confess.

"Of what?" Harry asks, his breath tingling my neck. His face dips down, his lips making contact with the crook of my neck. Harry's sudden presence behind me comforts me, but I don't want him this close while I make this confession. So I turn around and splay my palms against his chest.

"Reverse," I say. Harry furrows his brows, confused. "Move back, Harry." Dramatically huffing, my fiance moves backwards, until the back of his knees touch the bed.

"Is this okay, Your Highness?" He asks, holding his hands up, as if surrendering. I nod my head, smiling contentedly. I turn back around, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Ever since I got pregnant, and entered my fifth month...I-I kind of...grew larger," I manage to stammer out.

"Didn't notice," Harry comments, and I can feel him grinning. I turn around and give Harry a please-be-serious-look. The smile gets wiped off his face, and he nods his head. "Sorry," Harry mumbles.

"Well, I did get larger and that led to..." I trail off, really not wanting to put this into words. "You know what happens to one's body when they gain weight rapidly?" I raise my eyebrows, my eyes gauging Harry's expression for an answer.

"Um..." Harry juts his bottom lip out, deep in thought.

"The marks that are left?" I narrow my eyes, my heart beating rapidly.

"Stretch marks?" Harry asks, unsurely. I divert my gaze to the floor, ashamed. "Oh, Bump." Harry steps forward and crouches down onto the floor in front of me, his eyes lifting upward to meet mine. "Do you think I'm that shallow?" He asks, raising his eyebrows questioningly.

"But my skin...it's scarred now," I mumble.

"Scarred with natural beauty," Harry says. "Those marks only make you more beautiful, Bump. To my eyes you'll always be the most beautiful woman on this Earth." Harry takes hold of my hands, and rubs his thumbs along the back of my hands. "Look, scars or no scars, I will still worship you." Harry brings my hands to his lips and kisses the back of them, one at a time. Two tears slip out of my eyes, though I'm unsure whether they're tears of joy, or disappointment.

Joy towards the fact that I'm engaged to such an understanding man, who loves me so much. Or disappointment towards the fact that I can't provide him with a perfect body anymore; that every time he'll see me undressed he'll wish for someone else, with perfect skin.

"I'll never wish for anybody else, Bump." Harry says, as if reading my thoughts. "I don't want someone who is fake, with plastic surgery and breast implants and porcelain skin. I want you," Harry says, sincerity dripping from his tone. "I want a perfect, yet imperfect partner. I want you, Bump. That's all I'll ever need." I nod my head, more tears escaping from my eyes. However, now I know they're tears of joy, and nothing else.

I bend down in front of Harry, so that our eyes are at level. I wrap my arms around his neck and attack his lips with mine.

"Thank you," I mumble against his lips. Harry furrows his brow, smiling into our heated kiss.

"For what?" He asks, as I pull back, my lips hovering millimeters from his.

"For loving me, and providing me with such a perfect life partner." Harry grins and places his forehead against mine.

"Always, and forever." Harry assures me, his warm breath fanning my face. "I love you so much, Bump."

"I love you, too." I whisper, just as the baby monitor crackles to life, Champ's cries invading my room. Harry groans, throwing his head back.

"For once I'm not eager to head on out, and shush our babe." Harry says, standing up.

"I've got it!" Kate yells, as her footsteps rush down the hallway, outside our door.

"And I don't have to." Harry says, offering me his hand. I take it, and he hauls me up, tugging me against his body. "In the mood for some fun now?"

"Sure," I say eagerly. "What's there stopping us?" I wiggle my eyebrows at Harry, as he drops us both onto the bed.