A Good Move

Harry's POV
"I'm sorry about that." I say, nodding my head toward the window, as the paps slam their cameras into the car's windows.

"It's not your fault." Mus says, tucking her hand underneath her chin and gazing out of the tinted window. It has been two days since the funeral and I have barely made any progress with her. Liam thought it best for us to stay at his house for a few days. He believes that if Mus hangs around Kate and the twins, she'll feel better quicker. Of course I agreed and so we're headed there right now. I take Mus' hand in mine and skim my thumb soothingly along the back of her hand. Her grip on my hand tightens and I smile. These small motions make me realize that the empty vessel is filling up. I see rays of hope thanks to these small motions. They make me realize that soon I'll be able to bring my woman back.

"We're here," I announce, as the driver pulls into Liam's driveway. Mus sits up and places her hand on the door handle, ready to jump out of the car. Kate and Liam are already out on the porch, one of the babies cradled in Liam's arms. The minute the car stops, Kate leaps down the stairs and runs toward Mus' side. She opens the door and pulls out her best friend, engulfing her immediately. I get out as well and watch Kate whisper a few words into Mus' ear. She finally releases my girlfriend and holds her at arm's length. Mus nods her head and Kate wraps her arms around Mus' shoulders, guiding her towards the house's front door. I follow close behind their heels. Liam greets Mus and then all of us make our way inside. Kate shows Mus to the lounge, where a rocker is set up with the other kid sleeping soundly in it. Mus stops, and bends down next to it.

"She's beautiful," Mus says, even though it sounds like she's talking to herself. Kate smiles and watches Mus, as she places her hand on the little child's stomach. "Reminds me of your baby pics, Kate."

"Yeah," Kate agrees. "Leon resembles Liam though."

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Liam says, laughing. "If you get one, I should get the other, right?"

"I agree," Mus says and for the first time in days she stares at the little one and cracks a tight-lipped smile. Yeah, I definitely made the right decision by bringing her here. Liam places a hand on my shoulder and squeezes it reassuringly. When I feel a tear drip down my cheek, I realize that I'm shedding tears of happiness. Lord, I have waited for days to see even a ghost of a smile on that face and I finally have.

"Wanna take this devil from my arms?" Liam asks Mus, nodding his chin toward Leo, who is moving his legs in his father's arms. Mus gets up and turns around, her eyes eager to take Leo into her arms. The empty vessel is definitely filling up. Liam hands Leo over to Mus, and she takes the little kid, gently rocking him in her arms.

"Yeah, definitely looks like you." Mus comments. "They're both gems."

"Yup. After all, have you noticed their parents?" Kate says, grinning. Mus smiles, shaking her head.

"Just give the kids some credit, Kate." God, she's joking around! Thank the heavens for this blessing. Mus sits down on the sofa, her eyes transfixed on the baby in her arms. I don't think anyone realizes this right now - not even Mus - but I strongly feel that she subconsciously wants to take on this role; she wants to be a mother. That's why her relationship with Joshua was so close to her heart - that's why she took on the relationship in the first place. She has some motherly instinct that she doesn't even realize, but it's fighting to break through. Due to that, her relationship with Joshua was exactly like a mother and son's. And for that reason, she's feeling his loss so gravely. I seat myself on a chair and watch Mus hold Leo for hours and hours, without complaining about her arms or looking up from him. Right now, he's all she can see.

"I'm glad this is working out." Liam says, coming over to me and handing me a glass of water. I take it and nod my head.

"Yeah," I agree. "Your idea worked out as always, Liam. Thank you." Liam smiles at me.

"You two are in the category of the most important people in my heart. Don't forget that," Liam smiles down at me.
********
Eventually, Leo started to cry and it was time for Kate to feed him. After that, we didn't see him again, as he was put to bed and so was Sky. We all had dinner together and then Kate stole Mus from me. Now I'm waiting for her, staring up at the ceiling. I keep tapping my fingers against my chest, my head turning towards the door every two seconds. When my head turns toward the door for the twentieth time, the door handle is pressed downwards and in walks Mus. She's balancing two rectangular boxes in her arms that are neatly wrapped in polka dot wrapping paper.

"You're finally here," I say. Mus looks up and smiles. She fucking smiles at me! She nods her chin towards the boxes in her arms.

"You know Kate and her talks. She got us both something," Mus says. She places the boxes on the sofa and comes over to me. I sit up, swinging my legs off the bed, as Mus sits down in front of me. She takes my hands in hers and squeezes them soothingly.

"Thank you Harry. For bringing me here, for taking care of me and dealing with me through this time. I mean it, thank you." Mus says, gazing at me sincerely. I cup her face with my hands.

"Don't ever thank me, love. I do what I can, but just see how useless I am," I let out a laugh. "I couldn't make you smile for the past two days, but the minute we got here, you were already smiling." Mus places her hands over mine.

"You're too hard on yourself. Harry I would've never been able to make it through the past few days without your presence. Without your support." I smile, and take her hand in mine, kissing the back of it.

"You're too kind on me," I whisper. Mus leans in, her lips brush my lips. She moves them to my ear.

"I love you, Harry." My eyes fall shut at her words and I hum in appreciation.

"I love you too. More than you can ever imagination," I murmur. Mus moves her head back and takes my face in her hands, pressing her lips against mine. She shows me just how much she appreciates me through this one kiss. She shows me just how much she loves me. She shows me just how grateful she is and I break because of this kiss. Everything is temporarily pushed to the side. All I can think about is the feel of Mus' lips against mine. She moves even closer to me, her hand sliding down the front of my shirt. I suck in a sharp breath, a smile breaking across my lips.

"You're the best thing that has happened to me." I murmur against Mus' lips. She breaks away and smiles, staring straight into my eyes.

"That's what I say to myself every single day." Mus says, climbing onto my lap. She's straddling me, as her hands work there way down the buttons of my shirt. I let her, enveloping her lips with mine once again. This feeling of kissing her will never get old. I'll never stop feeling excited whenever she allows me to cherish her.

"Are you sure?" I ask Mus, as she completely unbuttons my shirt, pushing it off my shoulders. Mus nods and smiles. After all that has happened, I don't wanna force this girl into anything she doesn't wanna do.

"I need this, Harry." Mus says, as she wraps her arms around my neck. I nod and allow her to push me back onto the mattress.