Stop Screwing It Up

"No, I need you to cancel everything." Harry says, irritated. I watch him as I walk around the room, Champ lulling to sleep in my arms. "I don't know for how long! To start with, make it 3 weeks." He sighs, staring at his feet, as he tries to clear his schedule with his manager. "I don't give a damn. Just do it please. Bye." He throws his phone onto the couch and comes over to me.

"May I?" Harry asks, holding his hands out toward Champ. I nod my head and we swap.

"Wow Harry, I'm impressed. Even Liam didn't clear out his schedule for the twins," Kate says. Harry rolls his eyes and turns around to face Kate.

"Aren't you lurking around here too often?" He questions, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm here for quite a while, so get used to it." Kate says stubbornly, taking a seat on the floor. "Irritating you is my goal in life." Harry makes a face at her and then turns his body toward me.

"I have to tell you something," he says.

"Okay," I say. "Go on." Harry stares at me warily, as if he's unsure of how I'll react when he tells me what he wants to.

"I-I might have told mum about Champ." Harry takes a seat beside me on the couch. "I didn't tell her before because..." I nod my head, understanding. Before, Harry was trying to run away from Champ - now all he wants to do is embrace him. "But I did, yesterday. To say she's pissed at me is an understatement. However, she is half an hour away from here." I smile, already knowing where Harry is going with this. His hesitation evaporates off his face when he sees my smile.

"And she's coming to stay with us for a few days?" Harry says it more like a question. I grin, unable to contain my excitement.

"That's great, Harry!" I exclaim, already on my feet. "Though you're in for a shitload of hell." I warn him, silently glad about it. Anne better give him an earful, otherwise I'll be pissed at her. Nah, I doubt I can ever get mad at that woman. "Have you fixed the guest bedroom up for her? Have you set up the bathroom with toiletries?" Harry stares at me blankly. "So you've done nothing?!" I practically scream. Harry smiles at me sheepishly and shrugs his shoulders. Huffing, I grab hold of Kate's hand and yank her up.

"We've got work to do, sister." I say, as we both make our way towards the storage closet.
*******
By the time Kate and I are done, Harry has set Champ back in the cot and has managed to cook up a few dishes. As we both make our way out of the guest bedroom with a basket full of dirty linens, and bathroom cleaners, the doorbell rings.

"I need to use the bathroom! Emergency," Harry yells. I place the basket in Kate's arms and latch onto Harry's hand.

"Yeah, no you don't. You, Mister, are staying here and facing your mum." I say, dragging him behind me. Harry throws his head back and whines throughout the way, until I position him right in front of the door.

"Now is the time where you press down on the door-handle and open it." I instruct, smiling. Harry grabs hold of the handle and moves it downwards in slow motion. Rolling my eyes, I wrap my hand over his and hasten up the process. The door swings inwards, and we're met with the sight of a highly pissed off Anne.

"You - " She begins, but stops, as her gaze moves from Harry to me. Anne's eyebrows fly up in surprise. "Mus, you're still here." I nod my head.

"Harry and I have...a weird arrangement," I say. She smiles and brushes past Harry, embracing me tightly.

"Congrats," Anne whispers in my ear. "And I'm sorry, on my son's behalf." She steps back, her eyes raking across the lounge.

"Champ's in my room." I say, taking hold of her hand. "Come, let him meet his grandma." Anne grins and gladly follows me. I look over my shoulder to see Harry lugging in his mum's suitcase. I lead Anne into my room, and crouch down beside Champ's cot. Anne towers over it behind me.