Love-Hate

"No, but Tyler I need a place. Pronto!" I exclaim, pacing across the kitchen. "It has been two days since Harry and I have broken up and I cannot continue to live in his house." I'm whining by now. Tyler sighs.

"Mus I've tried. I really have, but finding you an apartment - as per your requirements - on such short notice is near impossible." Tyler says, his tone edging on pleading. "Please try to understand and bear with that dick for a few more days." I huff, leaning my body against the counter. The front door clicks open and I drop my voice to a whisper.

"Living with him leaves me with no dignity," I hiss. "Find me a fucking hellhole. Just get me outta here, Ty."

"Okay, okay." I hear boots thud against the wooden flooring behind me. Harry shuffles across the kitchen, opening and shutting cabinets. "Gimme another day."

"Okay, bye." I cut the call hastily and slam my phone onto the counter. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I hoist myself up onto the counter. This is a bloody nightmare.

"Mus?" Harry says, making me open my eyes. This is the first time he's addressed me in two days. I look at him questioningly.

"What?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"You can stay here, you know? Till whenever," Harry says. "This is your house too."

"That's sweet, but no thanks. I'd rather save a few shreds of my dignity." I snap, getting off the counter. My slippers skid against the floor, making me lose my balance. Hastily, I grip the edge of the counter and steady myself. Harry's arm is wrapped around me in an instant.

"Be careful!" Harry scolds, as I step out of his hold.

"I don't need your support," I mumble. Nowadays, my emotions are heightened. It's worse than I imagined. My anger comes in waves, just like my nausea. Morning sickness has become a daily routine and I hate it. I despise the fact that I wake up everyday, ready to throw up. However, then I think of the tiny life growing inside me and all woes are forgotten. It's as simple as that. Harry doesn't say anything. He releases me, and heads over to the fruit basket.

"Think about it logically, Mus." Harry says, picking up an apple. "You pay the cable bill, you've bought our new tv, the new sofas, painted the wall and you've made so many other modifications to this place, turning it into a home from a house. I think your rights on this place are the same as mine." Harry takes a bite, and continues. "Then why should you have to leave and not me?"

"Because the deed is in your name," I scoff. But he does have a point. Also, moving from here will be a headache and honestly, I'm sick of shifting. Harry smiles, shaking his head.

"I can get it changed if that'll help." My eyebrows fly up in surprise. He's willing to do that? God, why the fuck is he so confusing? If he keeps this up, I won't be able to hate him properly.

"No," I mumble. A wave of nausea hits me like a gust of wind, making me sway.

"You okay?" Harry is by my side in a second. I step away from him and turn around, heading towards my room.

"I know you don't care about me, so please stop expressing all this fake concern." I snap.

"Think over what I said!" Harry calls from behind me. The minute I enter my room, I bolt towards the bathroom - ready to empty the contents of my breakfast. Gosh, this pregnancy is really killing me.
******
Muffled sounds filter through the thin walls of my room, invading my half asleep state. I turn around in bed, yanking one side of the pillow over my ear. What the fuck is that noise? The noise continues, making me sit up in bed. I swing my legs off the bed and stride towards the door. Yanking it open, I step out into the hallway, my eyes fighting to adjust to the light.

"What the heck..." I mumble, sauntering down the hallway, rubbing at my eyes. I enter the lounge, my eyes following the source of the sound. The sound system in is on, blasting a Rolling Stones song. I march over to it and slam the off button.

"What the hell, Mus!?" Harry yells. I turn around to find him standing in the doorway, a bowl of nachos in his hand.

"I'm trying to sleep here," I say. "Need to wake up early, so if you please don't mind let me rest." Harry walks over to me and switches the speakers on once more.

"This is also my house and I can listen to music when I want, and at whichever volume I desire." The song fills the house again, bouncing off the walls. I slam the off button once more.

"This is my speaker and if I don't want your crappy songs playing on it at 12 bloody am, then they won't." I snap. Harry purses his lips, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"How dare you call the Rolling Stones crappy. We both love them," Harry says. A disbelieving laugh escapes my lips.

"I'm pregnant, and sleepy. Goodnight!" Stamping my foot, I turn around and head back towards the peace and quiet of my room.

"Night!" Harry calls from behind me. "And don't forget to turn the thermostat up." I can't help the smile that uplifts my lips, but I don't turn around. Harry knows that I toss and turn in my sleep, which means the blanket gets kicked off my body easily. Therefore, if I don't turn the thermostat up I usually catch a cold. I slam my room door to make a point, but I'm still smiling to myself. Hating this man is the toughest job I've had to do in my life.