Through Good And Through Bad

Harry's POV
"Stay a while longer. Come on, Haz." Theo says, offering me the cocktail in his hand.

"Nah, I have a flight to catch tonight. I'm meeting my girlfriend after two fucking months!" I exclaim, grinning like an ass. Jeff comes over and slaps me on the back.

"He's whipped," Jeff says. "All week I've had to hear him complain about how they haven't spoken in a week." I wrap my arm around Jeff's neck and turn him around.

"Enough drinks for you, mate." I say, taking the bottle of Corona out of his hands. "I'm heading off, okay?" I place the bottle on a table and engulf my friend. "See you in two weeks." Jeff pats me on the back and offers me a salute, as I make my way toward the exit.

"See ya!" Jeff yells from behind me. I wave to him one last time, before making my way out of Andrea's house and towards my car. It's been two whole months since I've seen Mus in person and a whole week in which we haven't talked. Distance and our busy lives definitely create hurdles for us, but they're only there till we sort out our final living arrangements. I scoop out my phone from my pocket and stare at my empty notifications tab. No messages from Mus. All week I've been trying to contact her, but she hasn't answered my calls or messages. This is normal I guess. The same thing happened last month and then she called me after three days apologizing, and saying how she got involved in some meetings and didn't realize when her phone died. I smile at the thought. Only Mus is capable of doing something like that in this day and age.
*********
"Yeah, I'm on my way over Kate." I say, making my way into the car. My head of security asks me if we should take off and I nod my head, putting on my sunglasses.

"I just really wanna know if she's okay." Kate answers, hyped as always.

"Yeah, she'll be fine. Like I told you before, Mus has done this before and I think we should just expect it to happen again and again." My legs keep fidgeting. Lord, I can't keep still due to the excitement coursing through my blood. "I'll be seeing Mus!"

"Yeah, I know Harry and since you can't see me, I'm rolling my eyes." Something clatters in the background.

"Karma," I murmur. Kate laughs.

"I bet. I've cursed you many a time for making my ears bleed with you going on and on about how you're meeting Mus." Kate scoffs. "You've seen her a thousand times before and I'm sure you'll meet her a thousand times again."

"Even those won't be enough," I whisper. "Okay, Kate, I'm going now. We're nearing her house."

"Bye. Play safe," Kate says. I laugh and end the call, straightening my jacket.

"Sir, we're here." The driver says, stopping the car right outside of Mus' house.

"Thanks," I say, opening the door and getting off. I slip my phone into my pocket and enter Mus' gate code. I shove open the gate and bound down the driveway to her front door. I ring the doorbell and wait, bouncing on the balls of my feet. No answer. No, only five seconds have passed. I should wait for at least 10, but I can't, so I ring it again. Still no answer. I wait for five seconds again. I hope everything's alright? Is she even home? Of course not. Mus once told me that her backdoor is usually open, so I make my way towards the back of the house. I pull and sure enough, it swings open. Grinning, I enter Mus' house and shut the door behind me. A coffee cup and a saucer are lying on the bar, a silver kettle placed beside them. I make my way over to the bar, the cup is quarter filled with coffee. Hmm...seems like Mus left in a hurry.

A sob. I furrow my brows, my eyes flitting across the kitchen. Is someone here? Louise, maybe? Another choked sob. No, that's Mus. I've heard that sound before and it's definitely my girl. Hastily, I exit the kitchen and look around the foyer. No human here.

"Mus?" I call out, moving into the lounge. No one's here either. "Mus?" I call out again. No reply. I head upstairs. Joshua's room door is open, but only darkness is seeping out from it. Another sob. It definitely came from the direction of his room. Maybe if the house wasn't so quiet and empty, I wouldn't have heard those sounds from downstairs. I step into the doorway and stop. Mus is seated against Joshua's bed, a car shaped pillow clutched in her arms. She's crying into it, and I can see that it's already soaked with her tears. Instead of saying anything, I just make my way over to where she's seated and tower over her. I glance around the room, trying to understand what happened. The sheets on the bed are crumpled and there's a monitor propped on the bedside table. Realization slams into me like a wrecking ball and I shudder. God, no...no! I take a seat beside Mus, pain wracking my body. No, she needs my comfort right now and I will not buckle with pain.

"I'm here." I whisper, wrapping my arms around her body and pulling her into my chest. "I'm here." Mus' body is wracking with sobs. Her grip on the pillow loosens and she wraps her arms around my body, her head placed against my chest. Mus continues to shake with sobs and I don't say anything else. All she needs right now is comfort and I'm ready to offer it to her for however long she wants it. I lean my head against the side of the bed and close my eyes, a lone tear escaping my eye. I didn't know him that well, but...he was a good kid. He didn't deserve to be taken away so soon. If the situation has upset me in this manner, I've got no idea what Mus is going through.

I don't know how many minutes pass by, before Mus' sobs subside and I'm left with a broken, sleeping girl in my arms. Her legs are tucked beside her body, her head still on my chest. I push away her hair and stare at her tear stained face. She looks like a mess and I can bet she hasn't moved from here in God knows how long. I stare at her sleeping figure, occasionally glancing around the room. I don't wanna disturb Mus, but I think she'll be more comfortable on a bed. As gently and slowly as I can, I lift her into my arms and walk her into her room. I place Mus on the bed, and pull the blanket over her body. She shakes a few times in her sleep, furrowing her brows. But when she does, I just pass my hand over her forehead and whisper soothing words into her ear. It seems to put her back to sleep because for hours and hours, Mus doesn't wake up. I just watch her, wondering how someone can be so disturbed and yet so calm at the same time. I'm gonna have to fix this broken woman up, but how? She's dealt with so much. It's like a broken mirror that keeps losing one piece after another of it's already broken pieces. I don't wanna just sit here and watch her wither away. But I don't know how I can protect her heart. I squeeze my eyes shut and sigh, shaking my head. I have to find a way out for her. I will.