Chapter 6

Before you knew it there was knocking on your door. You rose from sitting, your legs sore due to the lack of circulation. You placed down the book and slaughtered over. You slid it open hesitantly, surprised as how smooth it opened. Jinx was standing there.

"Come on, wouldn't want to be late to your own party," She gave a smile then gave a skeptical look.

"What?" You asked. Party? No one had mentioned a party, you weren't even willing to go drinking.

"You are not going there looking like that," Jinx stepped inside and closed the door.

"Didn't you just say not to be late? And what kind of party are you talking about?" You asked, stepping to the side.

"Fashionably late doesn't count," She gave a smile and went beside the weapons.She pushed a hidden button and a secret closet opened.

"What's the difference?" You asked as you walked to her. You didn't want to admit how cool the closet looked, even if you were completely dumbfounded. But you forgot all about what type of party this was when you saw what was inside. So. Much. Clothing.

"Fashionably late is to show how important you are," Jinx pulled out a robe dress looking thing, "and pretty."

"Then we should just go with the way I am," You responded, looking over the clothing.

"Not happening, put this on," Jinx shoved the clothing into your hands. You looked at the clothing. It was pink with the flowers from the trees imprinted on it.

"A cross between a dress and a robe?"

"A Kimono."

"A what?"

"Kimono, it's a traditional piece of clothing in Japan."

You looked at the clothing, "Who came up with this?"

"Same way the British came up with underwear," Jinx laughed, and you couldn't help but join in. Even on the streets no one can help but make British jokes.

"Seriously though, why this one?" You asked her as you lifted up a sliver of the cloth, it was so smooth. Is this silk? Sarah loves silk.

"Don't like it?" Jinx stopped smiling and put one hand on her hip. She transferred her weight to one foot.

"How about that one?" You signaled to the purple one.

"Aw, but it doesn't match your hair. Wait, maybe," Jinx took the pink Kimono and held the purple one up to you. She gave a nod, "It'll work, now hurry up and change."

Jinx left you to change and ran out of the room. You looked at it and shook your head. You pulled up your shirt and and jeans. You slowly took off your boots and laid your daggers on the bed sheets. You pulled on the soft material and stopped. You had no idea how to tie it. Thankfully Jinx came back shortly after and tied it for you. She then quickly got to work on your hair.

When finished she handed you a mirror to look. It was pretty. It was up in a sort of bun with a single red flower. She left down the bangs to frame your face. For a while, you said nothing. Sarah was the only person who had done something with your hair, and that was a single bun. Most of the time you had a ponytail.

"Come on, tradition says they can't start without you, and we've already made them wait long enough. Let's go," Jinx pulled you to your feet and began to lead the way. You stopped quickly and gabbed your daggers.

Jinx shook her head, "None of that now," She said as she pulled them away. She placed them back on your bed, "If anything happens Snake Eyes and I got you covered, 'kay?" She pulled your arm as she led you to the dinning room. You didn't bring up the fact that you never got to say your answer.