Chapter 58

DB chuckled as he jerked his head at the pilot, who placed his dagger at Destro's throat, "You're very predictable," DB began. He began to walk the same way Destro had, and it send chills up your spine.

"It didn't take too long to figure out your plan, I kinda knew it all along in fact," He stopped in front of Destro, "All I had to do was get people on my side, which wasn't as hard as you'd expect," He sneered in Destro's face, "All I had to do was replace the watch. Even with all your precautions it was easy for someone like me to get close enough to you to give you this," He grabbed Destro's wrist and lifted up.

"Then, I sent people to deactivate your machines, much easier to find them than I thought."

Destro gave a sickening smile, "You're just like me. No matter what you say or do, you're exactly like me."

DB pulled away from his father who looked a lot like him, "I know."

"You've done things as bad as me, worse even! You don't deserve to live, just like me!"

"I know," DB lifted his gun at his chest, "But right now, let's focus on you, now!" The soldier with the dagger pulled off their mask.

You gasped as you saw their face.

"Carol!" You exclaimed.

She flashed you a charming smile, "How ya been?" She nodded to the pilot, who in turn lifted their helmet.

"Zach!" You exclaimed, they were here. Together. Alive. But oh so not safe.

Zach didn't smile but gave a nod of his head, "Hey...Fire." Zach pointed behind you. You spun to see both door men lift up their helmets. Sarah, and Milo, another alley friend.

"You've really grown," Sarah dabbed at the corner of her eye.

"Been a while," Milo waved gently. You then remembered the fallen man and turned to see him.

"Then, who's he?" Carol shrugged and made her way over to him. She crouched so that she wouldn't touch the spill on the floor and lifted up the helmet. You were greeted by an unknown face.

DB gave a heavy sigh, "I wasn't able to get all of them replaced, sadly."

"Oh!" Sarah gasped and covered her mouth.

Milo lowered his head, "The... father..."

"Father?" You asked. Sarah gave a tiny nod and made her way to what looked like a false closet. She opened the two doors. A body spilled onto the floor, sobbing.

"The father of their child," Sarah sighed.

You head became numb as Carol named the body, "Wild Style's son."

Destro spit n DB's shoe, "Get it over with then!"

Db smirked, "Gladly," He grabbed Destro by the collar and swung him around until he was a mere centimeter away from falling down the trapdoor. Just before he fell it closed. Destro fell onto his back laughing.

"Really thought that would be enough, didn't you?" You pushed yourself up into a sitting position.

"No matter what you do, I will always be one step ahead. Always." The door swung open and  several soldiers spilled into the room. All armed, all wearing helmets.

"Not anymore," DB snapped his fingers. At least five of the soldiers lifted their masks. You recognized them. Storm Shadow, Azure, Jinx, and... your father. DB lifted his gun again.

Destro laughed, "You really are evil. You really are my son."

"I learned from the best," He fired. As soon as it struck Destro the fight broke out. Soldiers against Joes. You fought with as much might as you could, trying not to step on the two growing pools of blood on the floor. Then the trap door opened.

"ALL JOES JUMP OUT!" DB screamed above the chaos. Azure ran to you and jumped on your back. The force made you fall to your doom, but then you noticed something in Azure's hands.

"Do you have a plan?" You screamed over the wind.

"Yea," Azure pulled the white thing in her hand, it was a string, "Stay alive!" You looked over your shoulder as you began to float down safely, not at the ground. You saw them jump out. Sarah was holding Wild Style, who looked like she was in incredible pain. Storm Shadow with Milo. And Carol with Zach. But you didn't see Jinx, or your father, or even DB. Before you could ask where they were the blimp exploded, all of it.

You wished you had taken your depression medicine. You sobbed all the way down, even when Azure told you to prepare for landing you couldn't move. You landed on the scorched ground, bodies surrounding you. In that moment, all you wanted was to go home. You didn't know which home, but a home. A home that belonged to you. A home sweet home.