Chapter 16

Jinx wasn't joking when she said you were going to a city. And, to make you even happier, Snake was going too. You tried to hold down your hope and excitement, but you couldn't.

You stared into the city at the gate. Several people continued to walk, minding their own business. Some did, however, stop and look at you. Some with disgust, others with curiosity. Seems like everyone has their own opinion on ninjas.

"Have you ever been here?" You turned to Jinx and Snake, both were to your left.

Jinx gave a nod, "Both of us. Although, Snake doesn't really like it."

"Why not?" You asked Snake this, shifting your gaze to him.

'I just don't,' He kept his arms crossed over his chest. You left it at that and turned back to Jinx. However, a part of you was disappointed, not learning anything new about Snake.

"We'll be working mostly on how you talk to people from here on out you can only speak Japanese. Find directions to the Jade Dragon Restaurant. I'll be staying there. Snake will watch you without you noticing and tell me how you did. Before arriving you have to buy a jacket and hat, at diffrant stores. Here's some money to do so," she placed a few dollars in your hand, "try not to lose it."

Jinx took off, not waiting to make sure that you had understood everything. Snake held your shoulder. Even after she was out of sight he held your shoulder. You waited for him to let go, but he didn't. Though you liked the feeling, you didn't want to fail.

"Snake, can you please let me go?" He responded by shaking his head.

"Why not?" He waited for several seconds before moving. He released your shoulder and instead pulled you into a hug. You gasped and froze in place. You waited for him to release you but it was clear he had no such intention.
You placed your head cautiously into his chest, but didn't move your arms. His hold on you was strong, but loose. If you had wanted to you could've pulled away. But you didn't want to.

"Snake?" You breathed. He didn't respond physically, but it was clear he was listening.

"Why are you hugging me?" He didn't respond. He would need to let you go to answer. So he showed it instead. He released one arm and lifted your chin with his finger. He placed his forehead on yours and gazed at you. From this close you could hear his breathing, not in any way calm.

You gulped as you gazed at his masked face, "You gonna avoid me after hugging me again?" He responded by shaking his head. Your cheeks heated up as hope flowered in your heart.

"I like you too," you breathed. You fought your instincts to run. You fought the urge to attack, out of fear of men on the streets. But you relaxed at a single thought, Snake would never hurt you. He pulled you in closer, and you brought up your hands to touch his chest, you stayed like that for several minutes before finally pulling away, "Jinx is waiting."

'I'll go with you.'

"But you're supposed to watch me."

'What better way than walking with you? Besides, you're going to have to talk more to explain me. Get in some extra practice.'

"True," you laughed. You turned to face the city and felt Snake slide his gloved fingers into yours. You let him, and squeezed his hand.

You passed the test with flying colors. You bought yourself a nice warm Jacket and a colorful hat, that you placed on Snake's head. He took it off but you placed it back on.

While walking from one store to another, ignoring the stares other people gave you, you asked Snake a question, "So... what are we?"

He turned to you and tilted his head.

You gulped, your heart pounding in your chest, "What I mean is, does this mean we're... an item?"

Snake pulled you to where there weren't many people and lifted his hands, 'What do you want?'

Your cheeks heated up at his question, "I want to hug you, and go one dates with you, wait is this a date?"

'Are you telling me that you thought we were friends walking around while holding hands? Who does that? Of course this is a date!' He showed his passion, or shock rather, in the last sentence by exaggerating his hand signals.

You lowered your head a little, "I don't know. You just never said anything out right. Or signed...? Is it said or signed? Or-"

Snake cut you off by placing a finger against your lips. He slowly removed his hands and lifted them to make another sign. Or signs rather.

'Will you be my girlfriend?'

Your heart pounded in your chest and your stomach churned within you. You gazed at the man before you, the one you knew so little about but spent so much time with. Despite never seeing his face your heart pounded for him.

"Yes."

He pulled you into a hug, his warm body flushed against your's. He cranes his neck to place his head on your shoulder, his hands placed in the small of your back. His hold was firm, but gentle enough for you to leave if you felt like it. Which wasn't for a while.

At the cafe you warmed yourself up from the cold and drank delicious tea. Snake didn't drink anything, like always. But, under the table, he held your hand tightly. You didn't tell Jinx, just because Snake would be forced to explain. And that could wait.

Besides, you were still in slight shock. Too much so to explain this to someone else.

~Snake's POV~
Holy swear words I shouldn't say I just had my first ever date.

I'm the happiest man alive.

This is amazing.

I can die happily now.

Oh shoot... I think I lost one of my daggers. That's going to be hard to explain.