Chapter 31

"Snake Eyes!" Flint hollered. Instantly Snake lifted his closest leg into the air to kick. Storm Shadow dodged back, freeing you. Instead of fighting you jumped down to Jasmine and Flint. Both seemed relieved, and Jasmine streatcged her arms out towards you.

"Who is that guy?" Flint squinted and moved his head around to eye the fight in the tree.
At the shaking if the leaves and sounds of one man's grunts the area no longer felt like a place of soothing relaxation.

"Storm Shadow," you responded instantly.
Right away Flint lifted his hand to his ear, "Team Alph, team Beta, we need immediate assistance. Storm Shadow has been spotted, I repeat, Storm Shadow has been spotted. We need back up."

That's when they jumped out of the tree. You jumped back instantly, but Flint was a little slower. He just barely dodged a loose blade. As soon as he was somewhat safe he pulled out his gun. He waited for a clear shot.

You wanted to fight, but you had Jasmine. You ran to a bush and hid her there. She started whinning, so you kissed her forehead and ran away.

You went for behind, but Storm Shadow ducked just in time. He jumped back so that both you and Snake were in front of him. You pulled out your daggers and charged. He pushed you back with ease and kicked Snake in the stomach when he tried to swing his sword.

By the sweat upon your brow you had no idea how long you had fought. It seemed equally matched, one never outweighting the other.
Snake yanked you back by the arm. You were about to yell at him and he cast you a hard stare. You silenced yourself, as much as you could with your panting. Storm Shadow gave a menacing smile, then ran and jumped off the edge of the cliff. The timing couldn't have been worse, that's when the back up showed.

"Where is he!?" Azure snapped. She calmed at the touch of Jinx's hand on her shoulder. You were too out of breath to respond, so Snake pointed to the edge of the mountain.

Azure ran forward and jumped down. You realized that there must be a ledge or something there. You remembered Jasmine and ran to where she was hidden. She smiled and giggled at the sight of you. You picked her up and hugged her tight.

Roadblock peered over the edge at where they had jumped, "Snake, Jinx!" He commanded.
Snake and Jinx ran to the edge and held up two guns. When they fired red a rope with a large metal points shot out. It went for several miles, into the clouds, and hit an unknown location. Jinx pulled out black hanger like thing, and placed it on the zip-line, Snake doing the same. They both pulled out two extras, and that was it.

There were 10 of you in total, since Azure had jumped off. There were six hangers, all but two people would have to share. Snake pulled you towards him instantly and held you around the waist. You smiled and wrapped an arm around his neck. Even thought the two of you had been distant the warmth and security you felt from him still eased your stress.

You made sure to hold Jasmine as tight as you could in between both of you. There's wasn't enough time to take her back to the monks. You didn't want her out of your sight now that you knew Storm Shadow was here.

"Are you sure you want to take her?" LGK asked hesitantly. You nodded in response. LGK continued, "Your, um, father, isn't there anymore. So, the women can-"

Snake jumped off and lifted his legs up slightly. You whispered thanks in his ear, he squeezed your hip briefly in response. Your stomach crumpled by the sensation of falling, and you squeezed Snake tighter because of it. He lifted his head to look up at the sky and you followed suit. It was breathtaking.

And it ended all too soon once Snake's feet hit a wall. He released the hanger, causing a squeal to leave your mouth. He landed on a wooden ledge and held you tight. You released a breath and relaxed. Snake didn't let you go until the rest of the team came by. You were saddened, but didn't complain, when he finally released you and Jasmine. The child calmed down after the strange sensation only moments ago.