Chapter 22

You sat on the pure white seat, making sure to be as far away from the others as possible. No way were you getting anywhere near them. You crossed your legs and arms, then closed your eyes.

Will sat right across from you, obviously. You briefly wondered what Snake would do if he saw Will flirting with you. At the thought of him pointing a gun at Will's head you smiled.

"What are you smiling about?" Rip sneered, as she sat far from you to the right. You gazed at her through narrowed eyes. What about her makes her act this way?

"Why do you care?" You snapped, only looking at them out of the corner of your eye.

"You know," LGK began to talk. When you gave him a hardened stare his voice grew quiet, "It would be easier to work with you if you were nicer." He obviously doesn't see Rip.

"It would be nicer if you all shut that thing you call a mouth," you snapped back. They continued, to talk but not to you.

You watched as the ground shrank away from you. This wasn't like the last times you had been in the air. The first time you had felt slightly curious and in awe. The second time you had felt sad and alone. Now, you simply felt loneliness, nothing else.

"You like the sky, don't ya?" You turned to Will and glared at him. This man was going to give you wrinkles in no time. He simply smirked. You looked back to the window, not looking at them for the majority of the remaining ride. The ride itself took eight hours.

Surprisingly, no one slept for the entire ride. Even though it got dark no one closed their eyes even once. You stared at the vast ocean below. You had fantasized about going on it one day as a child. You how thought of traveling over the ocean in search of fish.

You now thought about how it would be more enjoyable with Snake. Or at least Jinx. Even Azure would be more enjoyable. Them you could only work on aiming a gun.

"Why are you moving?" You turned to Scarlet, suddenly realizing something that didn't add up. Why would an American soldier move to Iceland?

"Thought you said you don't like talking?" Wild Style lifted her head from her nails.
"Like you didn't want to know the answer," you retorted. You knew you hit the nail from how she lowered her head.

"Iceland," Scarlet responded.

"What's so special about Iceland?" Rip seemed to be wondering the same thing you were.

Scarlet gazed out the window, "We never have had a mission in Iceland, so I have no natural enemies there. Besides, Iceland separates its self from most world affairs. And, the houses are so far apart that if something does happen it won't bother anyone."

"Seems like the ideal location for an ex secret agent," LGK lifted his head from the screen for the third time this day.

Scarlet turned back to you, "Two ex agents." I cast a hesitant glance to her stomach, then wondered where the father was, but didn't expand upon it.

"Where's the other one?" Rip asked. Scarlet never responded.

The place you landed in was not either of the two places you knew from the sky. It wasn't new York and it wasn't Tokyo. New York was high buildings and planes, colors and banners all over the sky as you flew where as Japan was mostly forests and farms, with the large cities in some places. This landing area was nothing like either of them. You soon learned where you were when Will hollered it out.

"Welcome to Iceland!" He opened his arms wide as he spoke. You didn't respond to him, only looked out at the green rolling hills and cliffs.

Wild Style was the first to step off. She was followed by Scarlet. Rip brought up the back and soon behind came LGK. Will, being the guy he is, walked behind you. You shivered at the thought of him looking at you from behind, stroking the dagger in your hand softly.