Sequel~ Twenty Seven

Chapter 27

-Justin-

"You have to see this." I said, breaking the silence from me and Hailee. We were currently laying on the couch at the cabin, watching TV while waiting for Ryan and Stephanie to be done packing up. Since it was now nighttime, we were planning on heading home. I stood up and Hailee jumped onto my back before I started walking to the front door. I swung it open and stepped outside setting her down gently to her feet. I stood in front of her with my arms wrapped around her waist. "Now look up." I whispered softly, lifting her chin with my thumb. Her eyes widened and a smile appeared on her face.

"Wow." She breathed. "That is amazing."

"I noticed it one time we came. Ryan pissed me off so I came out here to be alone. And I looked up at the stars and they were just so big. I could see all of them without the city lights lighting up the sky. It's so much darker here. It makes them stand out so much more." I rambled on looking up at the stars with her.

Her eyes lit up as she looked at all of them, millions of miles away. "Ya know, I've never really noticed how cool the stars actually are. I mean, they are just big burning balls of gasses or whatever. So far away too, and yet we can still see them." She spoke getting her point across. "I've never really thought of it. It's something we see everyday. But really it's something we should cherish. They are beautiful," she added. I smiled down at her getting into her science zone. Never once did her eyes leave the stars. I looked back up, seeing how much more stars there are up here. They seem bigger and brighter.

Even though I was the badass in high school, I still noticed some things boys normally wouldn't care about. Especially now with Hailee, things have become different. Like what she had said about the stars. Nobody ever really cares about them. But they are so far, yet so close. I pushed the thoughts away looking down, seeing Hailee already staring at me.

"You look deep in thought." She said quietly, making me chuckle. "Just a bit." I joked making her giggle too. She wrapped her arms around my neck and stood onto her tippy toes.

She placed her forehead on mine before speaking, "you really know so many cool things I wouldn't expect someone like you to know."

I shrugged playfully and pressed my lips on hers. She pulled me closer instantly, returning the slow and passionate kiss. Every second was the best. Every time I kiss her, I still get this weird feeling in my stomach. But a good kind of weird.

"Whoa there love birds, save it for later." The voice of Ryan appeared as him and Stephanie came outside. I pulled away and rolled my eyes at Hailee, who giggled cutely.

"You act like you don't do it." I hit his arm as he passed by. He scoffed and shook his head playfully.

"This is the reason Chaz didn't come. He didn't want to be a third wheel for any of us." Stephanie spoke up from behind me. I chuckled.

"What a loner." I joked. Hailee hit my chest giving me a look.

"No it's cuz he didn't think we liked him," Ryan added on.

"That's mean. I feel bad now. He should have came. It would have been fun." Hailee and her sweet personality frowned. "Of course we like him."

"Dude, we are kidding." Ryan laughed causing me to follow.

"Wait, so why didn't he really come then?" She perked up, glad that we were messing around.

"He had to go somewhere out of town with his mom." Ryan told us.

"Well in that case, it sucks to me him." I know how his mom can get. She's clingy. Very clingy if I might add.

"Anyway, we are about to head out. We need to grab our stuff." Ryan changed the subject.