Chapter 20

"Without the shinigami's help I figured out very quickly how to kill with this weapon. I needed to write down the names of the true monsters, but this was not my plan. I did not want to kill people and leave our situation the same. I wanted everything to change. I first started with writing down the name of one of the leaders and waited. I planned to kill one after another until the master of the coin was the only survivor in the government besides the king. I killed the leader of the military force, who was the reason for spending all the countries money; the great judge, who did not give poor people their rights; the mayor of this region, who only cared for the goods of the nobles and forgot about the poor; and a few other ministers.

Not long after my deeds, a carriage arrived my village. The master of the coin was standing in front of me and begged for his life and the life of his family. He was scared, that the curse will hit him and that he will be the next one to die, so he offered us two wooden chests full of golden coins. He said that in exchange for all that gold, we should ask our God to let him live. He apologized for making fun of our God and for leaving us to rot in our houses. He promised to never act in a foolish way again.

My plan was a success, I thought gladly. Not only did I get rid of the countries bad guys, saved my village from starving and dying, but I also gained respect from the dwellers of my village. They all thanked me and my god and wanted me to become their leader. At this time I didn't understand why the death note was supposed to be bad when it brought goods to people.

With this book, I was able to do more than just save my village. I wanted to become the new mayor of the town and change the rules that made rich people richer and poor people poorer. With this plan, I wanted to help other farmers and villages who were in need. I was the only one who was able to give everyone a good life and what they deserved.

I spent a lot of time helping the neighbour villages and when the flowers started to bloom and the ice stopped to fall from the heavens, I became the new mayor of this town. I taxed the rich more than I taxed the poor and I announced that whoever will try to stop me or refuse to follow my rules shall be punished with death. Farmers and the poor soon started to feel much better, but the nobles of this town hated me. Despite this, they were too afraid to die like all the ministers and therefore followed my rules. But deep inside their hearts, they hoped for me to die like the previous mayor.

Almost a year of peace passed when our king failed to protect the country from his enemies. A war was lost and our enemies started to take over the country. I promised my people to protect them no matter what and when the enemy arrived, I ordered the few soldiers, that survived the war to bring me the names of our rivals. With the help of the death note I succeeded at weakening the forces of the enemy and asked the leader to give back our country or God will take his life. He refused to follow my order and met his fate. After the leader's death, some of the soldiers joined our country and some others withdrew and I became God of my own world."

"(Your Name)! It's time for you to leave. The archive will open in 10 minutes." Ishikawa interrupted you and you had to leave the library and go back to your hotel room. On your way to your place, you couldn't think of anything else but the story. It was incredible. 'Without the Kira case, I would have believed that it was only a story.' You thought and remembered the lines of the first page.

For everyone who wants the truth.

I am not a liar.

Only very unlucky.

You could understand how this person must have felt. He probably wanted someone to read his story, who also experienced something with shinigami's. At least you believed this story and it helped you a lot with the Kira-case.

The need of names and faces...

The way Kira can kill from distance...

The desire to become God of the world...

The all-knowing-eyes of the shinigami that know the truth...

Kira 2 must have gotten the eyes from a Shinigami if he doesn't need names... 'That's the only way I can explain his mysterious deaths.' you recalled Kira2's sudden message to the world and the police officers and detectives who died immediately in front of the TV building.

For you, it seemed like Kira was the person in the story. So many things matched, but there were still many things that weren't clear to you. You knew you had to go back to the library and read more. You needed to know more. And you needed to make use of the information to catch Kira. "I can contact Hideki and tell him about what I found out. I need him to tell L about it as well. They might not believe that one story is evidence enough to catch Kira, but if I come up with a genius plan to use the story to catch the murderer and find ironclad proofs, then maybe L and his team will listen to me and execute this plan.
"I'm so close to getting to my dream..." you thought excitedly. "Solving one the worst crime cases ever and working with L!" you were happy about how far you have come and felt the will to work even harder to get to your goal.